Sign in to follow this  
cloudbrk

Vinyl for Vehicles

What is the best brand/type of vinyl to use for decals for vehicles?  A lot of the vinyls that I have looked at say "not suggested for use on vehicles".  I need something that will work well on vehicles and vehicle windows.  I don't want peeling or cracking to occure obviously.

Thanks in advance.

I do full vehicle wraps with either AveryEZ or 3M comply. This material is expensive for letter & decals so, I use Oracal 651 or 751, 3M 7125, or Avery A6 or A9 to make decals & magnetic signs.

A lot of people have discovered good discount brands but, I stick to what I know, ya know?

post-975-12986512724828_thumb.jpg

post-975-12986512737032_thumb.jpg

Never had a problem with Avery A6.

That vehicle wrap looks freakin sweet, wabam. Must be a bitch to lay one of those things though.

you got it WABAM

a great wrap and the best advice. stick with the avery or oracal cast material. the few extra cents of cost will more than pay for itself maintaining your reputation.

Best place to purchase that you guys have found?  I am a newb and trying to prep for the COPAM that I am about to order.  Fellers was mentioned in another post, any other good sources for vinyl?

I use Sign Outlet Store. www.signoutletstore.com

Mainly because they're close, and I  get my orders next day. But also because they've got some of the best prices on Avery vinyl.

On the Avery stuff the number in the model is just how many years it is rated for correct?

ie.  A6 rated for 6 years,  A7 rated for 7 years, etc.

Is that right?

I use FDC almost exclusively. It is made by Avery,and so far,I've had excellent results with it. The very few times I have used Oracal,I didn't much care for it.