Hello again,

I got the software to load on my other computer that uses windows xp. The machine started ok and then froze up with "waiting" on the screen for 15 minutes. I had to turn the machine off. I turned it back on again, and now all I get are black boxes on the screen. I just bought this thing a few weeks ago. I didn't get to try it out until today because I was called away overseas on an assignment. I just got back and tried the cutter. The 15 day return is over. I think I made a bad choice with buying from uscutter and this chinese crap. In the long run, I was the dumb ass. I spent weeks reading everyones posts here on the forums praising these cutters, and uscutter before I decided to buy. Buyer beware I guess. Anyone want a pcut that doesn't work? Cheap price.

Dont blame your impatience on the machine.  Part of the low-cost of USCutters is that they arent always plug-and-play. 

Keep at it..

Good advice. I have been working with it most of the day. At what point do I stop? Until the "warranty" runs out? You didn't offer any suggestions to correct the problem. Patience is a virtue but, what formula is used to decide how long one should be patient? If you bought a new car and the next day it wouldn't start to get you to work, and you spent hours trying to get it started. At what point do you stop being patient? I don't mean to sound obtuse but, at almost $400 bucks, and it being brand new out of the box. I have a right to be a bit upset. The manual says it needs the maintanance center when this happens. What? What is it going to cost me to fix my brand new out of the box cutter? I checked voltage with a voltage meter, and the voltage is good. I have it hooked up to an uninterupted battery back up power supply and protector as well. I hope everyone understands that I mean no disrespect. I just would like help, and I am venting a little. Everyone here is a great help and very nice. If someone can help me, that would be great. Thank you.

Anyone want a pcut that doesn't work? Cheap price.

Cheap price, how much? Shipped to 35757

Good advice. I have been working with it most of the day. At what point do I stop? Until the "warranty" runs out? You didn't offer any suggestions to correct the problem. Patience is a virtue but, what formula is used to decide how long one should be patient? If you bought a new car and the next day it wouldn't start to get you to work, and you spent hours trying to get it started. At what point do you stop being patient? I don't mean to sound obtuse but, at almost $400 bucks, and it being brand new out of the box. I have a right to be a bit upset. The manual says it needs the maintanance center when this happens. What? What is it going to cost me to fix my brand new out of the box cutter? I checked voltage with a voltage meter, and the voltage is good. I have it hooked up to an uninterupted battery back up power supply and protector as well. I hope everyone understands that I mean no disrespect. I just would like help, and I am venting a little. Everyone here is a great help and very nice. If someone can help me, that would be great. Thank you.

orry you had some issues. Im sure they will see this and speak up. they will take care of you :thumbsup: if not give him a call and he will walk you through it..I used one of them for over a year EVERY day 3-4 hours, sometimes more.. with no issues

James

James,

Thank you very much. You and everyone are so helpful. Even though I am a bit frustrated (mainly do to the terrible way the manual is written, and english language usage that makes things even more confusing), I couldn't find a better deal for a cutter anywhere. I recieved an email from support within an hour of my request. Very nice. I would still buy another cutter from uscutter in the future, as long as you guys around. I have the cutter working now. Yeah! But, I can't get the blade carrier to stop hitting the red botton on the side and freezing up the machine. I turn the machine off and manualy move the "carrier" off the button but, once you turn it on, it does it again. Any help is appreciated.

Michael,

so what was the issue on you getting the black boxes? User error or the cheap chinese crap?  :thumbsup:

I must say, that it is "cheap Chinese crap". In my defense, if the manual was written by people who had a good command of the English language, and knew how to properly write an operating manual, there would have been no problem. Someone here on the forums who is an experienced user should write a manual, and work with uscutter on producing it. Uscutter has the responsibility to it's consumer to provide an accurate understandable operating manual. We aren't buying a pair of shoes on-line for forty dollars. We are spending hundreds of dollars. They are trying to save money by circumventing this and allowing the "Chinese maker" to include "their" English version manual. Which is, less than adequate. Uscutter is only a middle man and auctioneer anyways. You must know this. If you don't, then I am sorry you do not have the ability or authority to know this. That is why uscutter has this website forum. It is cheaper to get your consumers help for free by someone else on a "forum" than spend money to do it right. Still a fan of uscutter but, they underestimate the intelligence, authority and positions in the government, and the community of some of their customers. They should be very carefull, and ethical. Nobody on the forums seems to want to acknowledge uscutters inadequacy's. Most of the people on this forum are pro-uscutter because the majority of them are employed by, or are helping uscutter on eBay with shill bids and with "feel goods" on this forum. If Marcus Oesterwinter would like to address these questions personally. I would be more than happy to speak with him in our Seattle district field office. Other than that, I appreciate all the help and questions from legitimate unbiased people here on the forum.

In regards to shill bidding - I agree, there is a 'user' on ebay that has made over 200 bids on USCUTTER items. 96% of this persons bids are w/ USCUTTER auctions. Can you say PRICE MANIPULATION?

Just that facts:

http://tinyurl.com/cga6qg

Sorry to say I'm an amateur. This was the first cutter I ever bought and/or used. I had my problems when first using it yes. we all did. But guess what I followed the instruction book page by page, and it operated with no problem. The only issues I had were my own, doing stuff the wrong way with the software.

Own up and say you did it wrong. While you are at it, head over to Ikea and bark at them for not shipping a monkey to put your bed set together for you.

I feel sorry for US Cutter having to deal with this garbage from spoiled lazy people. If someone could hand feed you for free you'd be all over it too.

I'd just like to add if you are so anti-chinese, why in the hell did you buy the cutter then? Food for thought .

You did all the reading on the forum and knew it wasn't plug and play.

UScutter please add monkeys in the shipping box.

....Still a fan of uscutter but, they underestimate the intelligence, authority and positions in the government, and the community of some of their customers. They should be very carefull, and ethical.  ....If Marcus Oesterwinter would like to address these questions personally. I would be more than happy to speak with him in our Seattle district field office.

Not ready to start dishing out personal insults, but USCutter got you running, yet you are still talking smack.

:thumbsup:

Just shows the kind of people that run your country in government positions. It just makes them feel better to bash, when they are outsmarted by a machine.

You know what, man, since you are obviously more inclined to bitch about the shortcomings of the machine you bought than try to make it work, why not just sell it like you said in your original post?

Go buy a $1500 Roland and hope for better. 

I can't speak for ebay shill bidding, and while I somewhat agree with your contention on USCutter relying on this forum to solve many of their customer service problems, fact is, you get what you pay for.  Yes, USCutter is a middleman for Chinese cutters, this is nothing new.  For triple the price, Roland or Graphtec will provide you with potentially better customer service.

Many of us here started with USCutters before there was ANY manual at all.  No stand instructions, no instructions on how to load vinyl, just one page that explained how to install SB, and this forum.

If you aren't smart enough to figure it out, just sell it and STFU.

1. We don't shill bid. PERIOD!  Please do not make accusations unless you know the facts.  We sell a lot of machines on eBay.  Some people buy our machines for resale.  Some people think that they can get a low price and bid a low price on every auction.  eBay has no tolerance for shill bidding, and I am frankly insulted every time someone makes the insinuation.

2. We don't rely on the forum for most of our support. The best way to get support is by leaving a support request at http://support.uscutter.com.  Our technicians are on the phone most of each day, but they often times have time to deal with support requests during downtime while troubleshooting on the phone.  We instruct our technicians to use the forum minimally and focus their attention on the support site.  That is the reason that you see more answers from our members than technicians on these forums.

3. The Laserpoint manual has been poor.  We have an outstanding new version that we will be releasing to the public shortly.  I am sorry that we were not able to preform better sooner in this respect.

Is the carriage touching the red button on the side of the machine?  If it is, turn it off, move the carriage away from the button and turn it on again....

Hello again,

I got the software to load on my other computer that uses windows xp. The machine started ok and then froze up with "waiting" on the screen for 15 minutes. I had to turn the machine off. I turned it back on again, and now all I get are black boxes on the screen. I just bought this thing a few weeks ago. I didn't get to try it out until today because I was called away overseas on an assignment. I just got back and tried the cutter. The 15 day return is over. I think I made a bad choice with buying from uscutter and this chinese crap. In the long run, I was the dumb ass. I spent weeks reading everyones posts here on the forums praising these cutters, and uscutter before I decided to buy. Buyer beware I guess. Anyone want a pcut that doesn't work? Cheap price.

Sorry to say I'm an amateur. This was the first cutter I ever bought and/or used. I had my problems when first using it yes. we all did. But guess what I followed the instruction book page by page, and it operated with no problem. The only issues I had were my own, doing stuff the wrong way with the software.

Own up and say you did it wrong. While you are at it, head over to Ikea and bark at them for not shipping a monkey to put your bed set together for you.

I feel sorry for US Cutter having to deal with this garbage from spoiled lazy people. If someone could hand feed you for free you'd be all over it too.

I'd just like to add if you are so anti-chinese, why in the hell did you buy the cutter then? Food for thought .

You did all the reading on the forum and knew it wasn't plug and play.

UScutter please add monkeys in the shipping box.

Fargo , That is some funny stuff & very true .  :thumbsup: to you & also to MikeMan , MidWaste , Thor for letting rude people know about it  :) In my experience intelligent people ask & try to resolve before being rude . Being rude & ill-mannered does not make anything better except possibly soothing inferiority complexes .

It is insulting to insinuate shill bidding is done . Anybody of average intelligence can see that anybody can bid $1 on every auction in hopes of winning 1 . Nothing to loose except time . E-Bay is filled with people like that & also real live auctions have people like that . They just run the price up & stop WAY short of what things are worth , hoping to " steal " . Sometimes they do  ;D .

It's funny because after reading this I saw an old thread where fivestar bought a cutter from a guy who thought the motherboard was toast and it turned out to be packing tape on the cutting strip.

I work for a hotel in a very touristy part of the world, and know just how stupid people can get over the little things and want everything for it. All you can do is smile and be polite, while inside thinking how you want to ream their neck for being so ignorant, arrogant and plain stupid.

UScutter can't say those things, so mine as well say it for them. I wish someone came to work and just laughed at dumb people for me.

I do laugh at dumb people every chance I get  :D . There is a saying about people that I have heard most of my life .. it goes " It takes ALL kinds " .. I disagree with that saying because I say " It doesn't take ALL kinds ...  there just IS ... ALL kinds " .  I know I won't change things much , but letting people know at least gives them the chance to " adult up " .  :thumbsup:

yeah i get the black box to sometimes but its no biggy ive found its when i switch my cutter on before pc  :rolleyes: aint got a clue way it does this but switch pc on first it dont even have to finish booting up then cutter and everything works fine  :rolleyes:

This is in regards to the shill bidding!

I think that its a bunch of BS if they wanted more money for the item then list it for more. Don't go a manipulate people for the price. I was done the same way on ebay.

On the subject with the $400.00!

I don't care how much you/he paid!! If you buy a product then it should have support people to go with it. Especially for this kind of item. Yeah he could have bought a Roland for 3xs as much, but the key factor is it would work and if not Roland would be there to help.

Who said he wasn't getting support help? He just didn't know how to operate it.