stickaguy

Pcut cutting smooth line but sometimes jagged like the knife is not spinning

Well ken i checked it over and all looks to be in place, Here this is one that it does it on, see if it cuts good for you. Please

post-1346-12986519047857_thumb.jpg

post-1346-12986519064019_thumb.jpg

Guest Terry

Can't cut what you posted, it's a tiny jpeg. need your vector file eps.

Terry i think it is one that you posted in on the mature content section in a zip file with the other 2000 lol :thumbsup:

Guest Terry

LOL, like I'm going to go dig through that rats nest, Thats probably what broke your cutter. :thumbsup:

Guest Terry

I don't use signblazer, but most others you go to file and export as eps.

Guest Terry

I will try it first thing in the morning, all my stuff is off. I'm on a computer upstairs.

Guest Terry

oops, what size should I try to cut at, so it's the same as you.

Guest Terry

It cut perfect for me, I cut a 3x6

Guest Terry

Strange, looking at the vinyl pictures it's as if the head pops up and down, more pressure is not a cure for what I see. Does the same thing on a test cut correct? I mean so the software is NOT involved as a cause, or static, blade not spinning, blade has chip, vinyl feeding in a wave, um if it works as test cut... try free software as next test. Sure looks like a mechanical issue of the cutter to me. If I lower my down force I still get a smooth line pattern on top of vinyl, it's just not a deep enough cut, I don't get that bounce pattern I see on your vinyl. Keep in mind I have the Refine cutter though.

i have had this same issue with my laserpoint24. the issue seems to be one of geometry. there is a small amount of lateral play in the part of the blade holder that moves up and down. when the cutter head moves from left to right it is pushing the blade holder, not pulling it. this pushing of the blade holder causes the holder to load and unload, causing the skipping or zipper cut effect. this is clearly seems to be a design flaw, not a defect in manufacture. luckily for me it doesn't present much of a problem, nuisance yes, problem no.

my 2 pennies

bb

Mine does it if I put the blade in the proper hole ,

If I put the blade where the pen goes it cuts left and right ok

in the rear hole i get dots from left to right.

Well it only does it on some files i cut not all of them, so i guess i will just deal with it.. :-

Well it only does it on some files i cut not all of them, so i guess i will just deal with it.. :-

Issues that happen every now and then are the toughest to troubleshoot. Maybe the blade depth and pressure needs to be adjusted for each type of vinyl you cut?