Bruce SignBlazer Support

How to check and set communication settings for USB com ports

I seem to be having about the same problem as others with SB.  I have a Refine MH 721 and have been trying to use Elements. I have a Acer laptop with Vista OS. I am using the USB cord that came with the plotter and downloaded the USB drivers off the support section of the site.  In my device manager, it shows that it is connected to COM30 but in SB, there is no selection in the cutter menu for com30. I tried using another program, signit, and it sent a test image and it cut that but that was it since it needs inkscape to help it work. I like the layout of Sign Blazer and would rather get it to work but when I try to send something to cut, I get a error message like others have got. Anyone have any ideas??  Thanks, Kris

I too keep getting the can't initalize cutter message. When I go through set up I have a USB, DGIF USB, and SUMMA USB choice. I have tried all theree yet I only have the SUMMA USB option on cutter set up. I do not have Blaser or ltpi ports available as I run off a laptop. SignBlaster Elements - Creation PCUT 630 - Windows 7 op system...Can anyone help? Is it possible I didn't download any drivers?

Ok after trial and error and reload after reload with no results I finally found my original disc. I loaded it and still got a cannot initalize, tried different usb ports and on my third try I got the cannot find driveres. It asked if I wanted to search, I did they were found and it was calling this usb Com3. went back to the printer settings and switched to com3 and we are up and running.

Now I also have inkscape and need to figure how sign blaster cuts off inkscape work but that is for another day.

We usually recommend the "direct" mode as this causes less problems.

The "cut manager" mode sends the cut data to a separate program that then sends the data to the cutter in the background. The "cut manager" mode doesn't always work with some of the Chinese made cutters or some USB connections.

I can't thank you enough! My cutter is finally talking to my computer!

Hi everyone,

I am in desperate need for help.  I just got my US cutter with signblaze elemenst 9.  I tried just typing a word and sending it to the cutter, I click cut, then cut tile...it traces my letters and says sending output to cutter, but my cutter just says "online", it never does anything.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tonya

this is JUST A GUESS since im new to this.. but i jut got my uscutter too it is a sc and it auto installed the soft wear with the disk enclosed.. but it installed it on comm 4

then i go to uscutter and down load the DRIVER for windoes 64 since i use win 7

THEN i go into set up for the sign cut and it says comm 3 and there no place to change it to four so i click on let windows select the settings and it cutting perfect

so im not sure if it was lack of driver... the program that makes it work... or the comm port but i do both good luck

I've checked my settings, and everything seems to match. But when I tell it to cut, it will start but part way through the design it just slices off to the left and it sits 'waiting'. I just installed the program to a new computer with Windows 7. So far not having good luck. Any suggestions? I also have it connected to a USB to Serial Adapter.

In the past, I had it connected with a USB cable and it would do the same thing - messing up my designs - is there a correlation?

i just had to get a new computer it has windows 7 when i go to cut it reacts like im off line (pcut630) when i go to set up my usb options are usb001 & usb002 my computer shows port001 and hub001 what am i missing I NEED TO CUT HELP!!!

i just had to get a new computer it has windows 7 when i go to cut it reacts like im off line (pcut630) when i go to set up my usb options are usb001 & usb002 my computer shows port001 and hub001 what am i missing I NEED TO CUT HELP!!!

have you done everything correctly here?

http://start.uscutter.com/

i'm having the same problem, i have a dell laptop with windows 7, but mine isn't like what i've seen, when i go to device manager i don't have a ports setting on the list, and when i go to cut something with signblazer and go to cut it just digitally traces the object when i click on cut tile but the cutter doesn't do anything at all been trying for two days now, and i'm getting frustrated please help.

i'm having the same problem, i have a dell laptop with windows 7, but mine isn't like what i've seen, when i go to device manager i don't have a ports setting on the list, and when i go to cut something with signblazer and go to cut it just digitally traces the object when i click on cut tile but the cutter doesn't do anything at all been trying for two days now, and i'm getting frustrated please help.

put a support ticket in, and let the techs help you out. that is what tech support is for.

Have you tried everything here?

https://support.uscutter.com/hc/en-us