Sign in to follow this  
viewme

Quality question

how is the difference if we do it with Silk screening, vinyl transfer and print directly on tshirt

;D

Really a personal preference and graphic & garment dependant answer.  I'd rather have vinyl for 2 or 3 colors if it is a cost effective quantity.  Plastisol is nice for multicolor designs, but I'd prefer to avoid halftones for some designs and I'd just do them with digital transfers if it was on a light colored garment.  Haven't found any opaque transfers that I like for dark color garments yet, so that would probably push me back to plastisol if vinyl didn't make since.

I think quantity might be the big factor here.  If you decorating 300 garments, it will definately be more efficient and cost effective to screen print them.  If it's a relatively small quantity and needs to be personalized, you are probably better off with vinyl or heat transfers.  Sometimes people want a combination of both, screen printed design on the front (for say a softball team) and names and numbers on the back of the jerzee's (genreally done with vinyl and a heat press).  I've been screen printing for a number of years and we have done transfers (got started with just a heat press and and a computer and and an epson printer) and this may be bias, but I feel you get better quality product with screen printing, tends to hold up longer than transfers.  Still new to the vinyl end other than applying lettering on a few shirts, i avoided the vinyl for a long time, something I now wish I hadn't done  :thumbsup:.  Just my 2 cents.