Sign in to follow this  
Big Rich

Oracal - Testing under High Heat

We are testing some decals on labeling products in the home. One specifically is Intermediate Oracal in the dishwasher on those larger plastic cereal containers.

Well, 1st phase..  It worked. The lettering stayed on. Even the small dot on the "i".

We used the High temp sanitary rinse and everything. It is a brand new kitchen aid dishwasher so I am quite sure it took a decent beating.

I will post some pics and details, of some of the uses later, but wanted to share that it did okay and depending on the surface, it seems that it would do okay on some dish ware or washable items.

Guest Schramm

So the test is for what I am confused?  Are you going to sell this say on a mug or dishware?  It may make it one or 2 cycles but the true test isnt hot water outside the dish, try putting the vinyl on a cup or mug and fill it with ice cubes and cold water on a warm day!  The condensation should knock the vinyl right off...

Wife was labeling containers in the kitchen to hold certain things. Cereals, sugars and other items in storables.

Wanted to see if they would handle the periodic washing in the dishwasher if the needed. And so far they did on the plastic style containers.

She has a few friends now that want similar labeling for their kitchens. So we wanted to see how they would test out before we did theirs.

I don't see a need to actually label a drinking glass but I guess you never know.

Thanks for the testing....just more ways to make money with vinyl! ;D ;D

I read a post by someone, either on here or TSF where someone stated they had put 651 on a mug for personal use and it had lasted years, many, many dishwasher cycles.

However, the condensation from a cold drink would be a good test..

I read a post by someone, either on here or TSF where someone stated they had put 651 on a mug for personal use and it had lasted years, many, many dishwasher cycles.

Here are some of the items we were testing.

post-2782-12986534224803_thumb.jpg

post-2782-12986534264104_thumb.jpg

Here are some of the items we were testing.

one more

post-2782-12986534226262_thumb.jpg

post-2782-12986534265546_thumb.jpg