neiliow

HELP! CONTOUR CUTTING WITH PCUT CT630 & SIGNCUT

IM TRYING TO USE MY PCUT CT630 TO CONTOUR CUT AROUND PRE-PRINTED GRAPHICS, WITH SIGNCUT BUT CAN'T GET IT TO JOG TO ALIGN THE LASER, IT WORKS FINE CUTTING OUT VINL DECALS IN BOTH FLEXI & SIGNCUT. JUST WON'T JOG.  CAN ANYONE HELP

Unless something has recently changed that I don't know about... the pcut does not have a laser to contour cut with.

;D

Guest fivestar

Then you've got a laserpoint cutter.  I take it your cutter is red and black.

i have the pcut with laser for contour cuts but never used it sorry

There are currently PCUT with laserpoints sold in Europe, I have one too and it is full black.

It is not the same as the US CUTTER laserpointer.

OK I have had also issues with SIGNCUT X2 with contour cut.

I have found a workaround as follows which now works as a charm.

Make sure the test square from SignCutX2 is working fine so you know it communicates (USB is sometimes tricky).

1] Open your contour file and send it to X2.

2] Hit the simple contour cut button in X2.

3] Now 9 time hit the left warrow key on your keyboard.

4] At the 8 stroke the cutter head moves the 8 stroke to the left. (it remembers them) This is a bug reported twice to helpdesk at SIGNCUT but no solution to that.

5] Then hit the right arrow key 9 times on the keyboard untill it is back in the start position.

6] Now use the arrow keys with the ALT key pressed to get it to the most right hand side marker.

7] Hit enter and the head should run to the left hand side marker.

8] If it does not land on the left hand marker, check the setting for markers in the plotter set up, it is standard at 10 mm!

9] If your left hand marker is OK hit enter and it starts to contour cut.

10] Try with the pen in the plotter at first always.

11] When the job is finished press the reset button on the plotter.

12] If you do not, and start a new contour cut job it will eject the vinyl or paper placed to the rear first.

Let me know if this helps or have any other issues with contour cut, I have gone the hard way too.

If it does then I am not the only one having this issue and we can report SIGNCUT it is a design issue not an user issue.

Remember the contour cut option from X2 only compensates for horizontal skew.

It does not correct for difference in print and cut lines.

It would have been nice if you could look for all 4 corners and the it would compensate for drift skew and whatever has happend to the printed media compared to the original file.

I think I have to write my own program for that. ;-)

Regards, Paco

Guest manwayvan

I will try this to solve my Pcut jogging issue. Sounds very similar to the issue I am having with my non-laserpoint pcut with x2