Sign in to follow this  
Q

Where to plug my Keyspan Adapter

I went and purchased the Usb Serial Adapter today and tried to plug it into the side of my us cutter but it does not fit can anyone tell me how in the hell to use this adapter. I tried to take the screws out of the side of my cutter where it says com but that still didnt help the adapter fit. I am using a mac and was told to purchase this adapter but i have no clue on where to plug it in or how to make it fit can someone please tell what to do.  :)

Hello,

What kind of adapter did you purchase?

This one is the most commonly purchased one, and one we have personal experience with:

http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/usa19hs/homepage.spml

Normally you should plug the USB-part into the computer, and then put the serial 9-pin part to your plotter/cutter cable.

Never mount the adapter directly to the port of the cutter/plotter, as it might break both the machine and the adapter.

Oh, and by the way, once you have installed it, and installed the driver for it successfully, you should find a device in your cutting-software

named "/dev/cu." and then a serial name.

i purchased the keyspan usb serial adapter it says DB9,RS-232 on the box USA-19HS also but the com port on the side of the cutting machine has two screws on both sides of the 9pin plugin and the adapter will not fit becuase of the screw plugins on the adapter and the cutting machine itself. I tried to take the screws out on the side of the cutting machine but the adapter still will not fit because of the screws on both sides of the adapter also and those screws do not come off.

This is the info i was given by Kenimies but i have no clue of what he is talking about i told hime that my cutting machine says US Cutter Refine MH721 after i read what he sent me.

The keyspan adaptor should plug into the gender changer on the Copam, which I assume is the cutter you are referring to.

Ok sorry i overlooked that part i now have the adapter attached correctly i was trying to plug the adapter directly into the cutting machine rather than plug it into the chord itself and then attaching the other end of the chord to the actual machine Duuuhhhh!!! I guess stress will do that to you. :)

Sorry if my answer was a bit confusing. I guess working with these units all week long makes me assume users understand what it is I am talking about. I will try and be more specific, and if you still need help setting up the Copam with your Mac, give us a call.

425-284-2282 or 866-789-2919