Sign in to follow this  
greenmachine

white Lettering on dark T-shirt

How would I go about creating a Transfer to put an image and white lettering on a dark t shirt without doing screen printing? I want to put a dodge ball on the center with the team name around it.

Thanks for any suggestions.

greenie

Why stop at 12...

If the equipment you have is a cutter and a press, who cares but the guy/gal doing the work, go for it  make a hundred shirts.

Why stop at 12...

If the equipment you have is a cutter and a press, who cares but the guy/gal doing the work, go for it  make a hundred shirts.

I agree, white over a dark shirt is much better with vinyl. No bleed through. You would have to be making about 150-250 shirts before it would actually be cheaper to sub out to a screen printer per shirt(depending on the design). Then after wear and wash the color would bleed throught the sp faster than the vinyl.

I don't know about you but black doesn't bleed through white on my press.I have both a cutter and press and I know for sure I wouldn't do a 100 on a cutter not even 10 screen print is much better.

I don't know about you but black doesn't bleed through white on my press.I have both a cutter and press and I know for sure I wouldn't do a 100 on a cutter not even 10 screen print is much better.

I agree, I wouldn't do 100 vinyl any day.  It would take considerably longer than printing.  You could probably sub them out for less than you would have in vinyl and weeding time.

White on black screenprinting is an artform in itself.  But when done correctly, it's much better than vinyl.

White on black screenprinting is an artform in itself.  But when done correctly, it's much better than vinyl.

What type of ink would you suggest? I am doing them with water based inks. I am getting a lot of bleed through. 100% cotton shirts.

I don't do waterbased printing, but that is why you are getting bleed through.  You aren't going to get a great opaque white with waterbased, however, the best white I have heard is Matsui.

Plastisol is a different story, its pretty easy to get a good white on black.