stormy

Vonage

I just got an email about this and I figured I'd make a post here.

If anyone is interested in Vonage phone service I can get you 2 months of it for free. When I refer someone, I get 2 months of my service free and the other person gets their first 2 months free. I just got my service about a month ago and I really like it to be honest. Very reasonably priced and a neat set up. Unlimited minutes in the US.

I think the start-up fee is about $25 and after your first 2 months free it's $25 a month. I think my start up fee was like $40 but I upgraded my router. It comes with a free router. Free Voicemail. Free Caller ID. Free Call Waiting. Free Call Forwarding. You can choose any area code you want. You can keep your same number.

All you need is a high speed internet connection.

I can be reached by PM or you can email me at customerservice@stormin-graphix.com or you can give me a call at 217-651-4292. Just give me your email and I'll have Vonage send you a thing.

With the popularity of Cell phones now adays... I dont know about anyone else, but i hardly use my home phone...

I got a better deal then vonage... I got ZingoTel... 15 bucks a month... Works pretty good too!

I have the paid version of Skype. Unlimited outgoing calls to any phone line in the US is $30 a year. Yes,that is a YEAR. I also get unlimited INCOMING for another $60 a year.

That's around $100 a year (incl taxes) for unlimited incoming and outgoing calls to the US and Canada.

I have a cell phone like most people but I do a lot of phone tech support and believe me,when you spend 2 hours at a time it eats up the minutes fast. I also use a headset which is great when you are doing support.

LOve Skype,highly recommend it.

But the neat thing is this...if you don't want to PAY anything, get the people you talk to the most to set up skype as well. It is FREE from skype user to skype user. Worldwide. So you can talk to that Russian girl you met in the chatroom, all night for free. Or your mom...whatever.

Just my 2p worth.

Looks like I'll be looking into Skype...then I won't have to do this stuff to try to get free months. lol. I too have a cell phone that I use for all my personal calls, but from previous experience I realized that it's not fun when you're out to eat or something and you get a call from a customer. I'd rather pay 25 bucks a month to have a designated business number. Or better yet, $100 a year. Hopefully I can keep my number so I don't have to order different business cards. lol.

I know Skype is an internet phone... But how does it work??? Can I stilll use my cordless that I already have now? or does it actually go thru the computer...  My ZingoTel doesnt even require a computer...

It goes through the computer.All you need is a microphone. However,you can buy wireless headsets and even regular phones that work through USB. and yes they have cordless phones.Prices vary from $60 USD to $150.

It works so well fopr me because this is my business number that I give out. I'm usually at the computer or very near it during business hours. Seems to me that you can forward to your cell but I haven't checked into it.

As for quality, it is much better than my cell phone.

Go to the skype webite and check out what is available.

http://www.skype.com/products/skypeout/