cutme

i made it through shoulder surgery

after almost three hours i awoke from the general anesthesia. i am numb from my right ear, down to mt right thumb and forefinger. wish i was left handed...

bb

Guest kenya

cutme............. your typing may be slower, but glad to see ya here.

Hope everything goes well with your recovery. Take care.

Wishing for a speedy recovery!

You still need to catch up with Levi and myself for a beer when you get the chance...

Cutme... why did you have shoulder surgery?

I had a severly torn labrum switched, and 5 anchors installed on Jan. 13th... today was actually my first day back to work. I'll tell you know... physical therapy sucks... so does the time it takes to heal to start PT.

Good luck with the recovery. The first week sucks. Just take one hydrocodone every 2 or 3 hours, versus taking 2 every 6 hours. Sleeping in a recliner for the first week, helps too!

cutme best wishes get well soon my friend

like firemat said take hydrocodone ever 2to3 hours ( which hydrocodone does nothing to me like taking baby Tylenol )

Best wishes firemat

get well soon cutme. oooh, just hit me, cuteme, damn well they did it. lmao! get better dude. :thumbsup:

Good luck & have a speedy recovery

The therapy isnt that bad at least it wasnt for me

I've been going to Physical therapy now 3x week for the last 3 mo

I had a torn rotator cuff

I actually got some buisness from the therapist

I made this for her and then everybody wanted something

BEST WISHES

Therapist.EPS

Therapist.EPS

Ace... did you have surgery to fix the tear, or are you just doing physical therapy to help try and heal it?

No Fire not yet

The doc dosent want to do surgery unless he has to

It has improved a lot with therapy its nowhere near normal though

maybe thats why the therapy wasnt so bad for me

Get well soon

+1  :thumbsup:

Note from personal experience cutme - DO NOT crack jokes about your physical thereapest cooking while she is working on you - her husband came in during my thereapy and I said I heard he was having the same thing for dinner tonight that they have every night . . . .nausea!  She then pushed a little harder and reminded me she was still working on me Ouch!

Speedy recovery -

thanks for all the well wishes and suggestions. the spinal block is still working. i can't feel anything between my right ear and my hand. the surgery was for a tear in the rotator cuff. there was also a cyst that was a little bigger than a large blueberry. the injury was from when i was rear ended last august.

bb

No Fire not yet

The doc dosent want to do surgery unless he has to

It has improved a lot with therapy its nowhere near normal though

maybe thats why the therapy wasnt so bad for me

I've done both PT to recover from a shoulder injury, and now PT post-surgery... and they are no where near the same galaxy! After surgery, you have to keep your arm 100% immobilzed from up to 4 weeks(me), and the shoulder basically freezes. I am in my 5th week of PT, and I only have about a 30 degree range of motion on my external rotation. They ensure me that with time all the ROM will return, but that I just have to be patient, and do my exercises as often as possible, which is kinda hard when I work,try to run a side business, and keep thing in order at home.

thanks for all the well wishes and suggestions. the spinal block is still working. i can't feel anything between my right ear and my hand. the surgery was for a tear in the rotator cuff. there was also a cyst that was a little bigger than a large blueberry. the injury was from when i was rear ended last august.

bb

cutme... that's the same time I injuried myself. I decided to hold off on surgery until after the new year, just so I didn't have to deal with all of this during the holidays, plus it allowed me to clear my work schedule and allow the fire dept time to transfer someone over to our shift to cover my position until I returned.

I didn't get a block or pain pump... we even asked for one, but my doctor said they are too much of an infection issue, and that the 10mg hydrocodones would do the trick, which they did. I only stayed on them for about 4 or 5 days cause I hate taking pain meds... I don't like the idea of masking pain. It hurts for a reason!@

the doctor did not want to operate until after trying pt. i don't like pain meds either, he only gave me 5 milligram pills though so i have to double up on them. they pumped an antibiotic into me through the iv before surgery to counter any possible infection.

bb

Glad surgery went well and I only hope your recovery goes as smoothly!

Take care.

Jenny

While I don't know the difference in injuries or repairs between a torn rotator cuff & a torn labrum... I do know that all the physical therapist say that you have to be a little more gentle and patient with a repaired rotator cuff.

How long until they say you can start PT? It seems that depending on how sever the tear was, depends on how soon you can start moving the clipped wing.

There was a kid in the fire academy I teach in that had his surgery for a torn labrum at about the same time I had my surgery, and he started PT post-op 10 days! Granted, he was 15 years younger than me... but why did I have to wait 35 days, and he started in 10? But thenagain, I was in so much pain when I tried to move it, I was glad to wait those 35 days, lol.

While I don't know the difference in injuries or repairs between a torn rotator cuff & a torn labrum... I do know that all the physical therapist say that you have to be a little more gentle and patient with a repaired rotator cuff.

How long until they say you can start PT? It seems that depending on how sever the tear was, depends on how soon you can start moving the clipped wing.

There was a kid in the fire academy I teach in that had his surgery for a torn labrum at about the same time I had my surgery, and he started PT post-op 10 days! Granted, he was 15 years younger than me... but why did I have to wait 35 days, and he started in 10? But thenagain, I was in so much pain when I tried to move it, I was glad to wait those 35 days, lol.

three to four weeks. it really hurts this morning. i hate the pain roller coaster. swinging between drugged up and loopy, and getting to the point where you are counting the painful minutes to your next dose. having a hard time concentrating.  :thumbsup:

bb

Sorry to hear how your morning is starting Cutme, but I hope you are feeling better REAL SOON!!

Hang in there.

Sorry to hear how your morning is starting Cutme, but I hope you are feeling better REAL SOON!!

Hang in there.

thanks jen. i always wanna call you ben. :thumbsup:

bb

Hang in there.

thanks jen. i always wanna call you ben. :thumbsup:

bb

lol  :thumbsup:  You're welcome!  :thumbsup:

cutme - did you get the ice machine after surgery? - it really helped me.  Hang in there

Scott