cutme

i made it through shoulder surgery

Each morning it typically painful for me(maybe a 1 or 2 out of 10), but it usually loosens up within an hour or so and the pain goes away.

Guest gracewriter

Wishing you a speedy recovery.  Watch out for the physical therapists that are petite, have soft voices, and look like little angels.  I thought mine was going to rip my arm out of my socket.

But boy did it feel better the rest of the day, until it froze up again.  So don't do like I did and skip appointments, stick with your appointments no matter what, you'll be feeling great in no time at all.

Best wishes,

Grace

cutme - did you get the ice machine after surgery? - it really helped me.  Hang in there

Scott

no what is that?

bb

I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Christi

thank you. me too.

bb

Each morning it typically painful for me(maybe a 1 or 2 out of 10), but it usually loosens up within an hour or so and the pain goes away.

yea i kinda expect that. currently dealing with muscle cramps from the pain meds.

bb

Wishing you a speedy recovery.  Watch out for the physical therapists that are petite, have soft voices, and look like little angels.  I thought mine was going to rip my arm out of my socket.

But boy did it feel better the rest of the day, until it froze up again.  So don't do like I did and skip appointments, stick with your appointments no matter what, you'll be feeling great in no time at all.

Best wishes,

Grace

had a couple of those. do you have "frozen shoulder"?. this may help,

http://www.coldoneinc.com/

bb

I had "frozen shoulder" pretty bad... and that's still kinda an issue when stretching at the 90 degree points.

I had "frozen shoulder" pretty bad... and that's still kinda an issue when stretching at the 90 degree points.

+1

I never heard of it until I couldn't move my arm.

Watch out for the physical therapists that are petite, have soft voices, and look like little angels.  I thought mine was going to rip my arm out of my socket.

She was cute and sweet - then she wiped the smile off my face.

cutme - did you get the ice machine after surgery? - it really helped me.  Hang in there

Scott

no what is that?

bb

It is basically a cooler with a pump on it and it pumps the ice water thru a pad on your shoulder - you use it for the first 3 days and it really cut down the need for the pain meds- oh you still need them but not as much! You could really tell when it was time for more ice it would hurt much worse  Maybe try ice in a bag wrapped in a towel

that sounds cool! pun intended. they gave me this cool ice bag that closes watertight.

bb

a few beers with the percocets helps too.

bb

Guest gracewriter

bb

We must go to the same doctor :( although I found rum to be a bit more effective than the beer.

bb

LOL!! that will send you to another place, where you will not notice the pain, that's for sure :(

get well soon  ;D

regards duke

OUCH!!!  Well looks like they did a number on you, but better then I was expecting....hey atleast you are smiling!!  :(  Or was the pain meds still working?  ;D

Keep taking it easy.

Jenny

OUCH!!!  Well looks like they did a number on you, but better then I was expecting....hey atleast you are smiling!!  :(  Or was the pain meds still working?  ;D

Keep taking it easy.

Jenny

that's the pain meds + a few beers smiling.

bb

LMAO....hope you are jokin'  :(

But glad you are slowly on the mend.  Keep us updated on the healing.

Wow... that's huge!

I'll have to get a picture posted of mine... they are nothing like that. The one on the front is about 1/2" and the one on the back is about 1/4".

Wow... that's huge!

I'll have to get a picture posted of mine... they are nothing like that. The one on the front is about 1/2" and the one on the back is about 1/4".

the big one is 4 inches long and there is aone in teh back that is a half inch.

bb