Tvpauto

Any Chance of a windows driver to use with other software?

I bought the plotter hoping it would work using the Roland PNC driver with the software I need to use, but it doesn't.  The software makes you choose the plotter via a windows printer selection, therefore it needs a windows driver. And if you use the Roland windows driver for the PNC1000, it doesn't work.  Now why does it work in a program like Flexi if you choose it as a Roland, but not if its a windows driver made for a roland?  Am I just out of luck with a brand new plotter I cant use. I would love to make use of it, since the value is so good! Any help?

Its the Refine 1351.  The software is a internet linked program for cutting window tint and patterns.  The company is Xpel, and they write the software to work with most name brand plotters but just by using the Windows Driver.  Such as Graphec and Roland. Thats why I was confuse when it doesnt work with it when choosing the roland pnc1000 as the plotter.  I did talk to someone that said, oh yeah, it works with Flexi as a roland but thats about it.  Well still, if thats the case, why cant it work with other stuff as a roland, since the roland driver is the same for almost all its cutting plotters.  I tried other drivers like the graphtec ones, and it almost worked but not to scale.  I REALLY need it to work asap or I am just out a brand new plotter (unless someone wants to but it).  Seems like it could be addressed some how. Whats the consensus?

These cutters work with Flexi, SignGo, SignLab, TintTek 20/20 and all use the Roland driver, so not sure why your program will not work. Might be the Windows driver deal, because when the cutter is installed it never shows up in printers and faxes, yet communicates with the software directly.

Yeah thats whats the deal.  The program makes you choose a printer from the selection window and its only ones that are in your printer folder.  I just didnt know why I couldnt just make a printer as a roland pnc and attach it to the LPT port where the plotter is.  So you are saying that it works with TinkTek20/20 for sure?  If thats the case, then Xpel neto get on the bakll and figure this out as well. But they dont want to bother with anything but Graphtec and rolands.

I have tested the Refine cutters with Tint Tek and they do work with the Roland driver.

I have been experimenting with trying to get a driver that is placed in the printers folder to communicate correctly with the Refine...

Still experimenting, if i ever get it, Ill post it...