twice

AIG Bailout

Just out on CNN breaking news:

-- AIG paid 73 employees bonuses of $1 million or more; 11 of whom are no longer there, according to NY Atty. Gen. Cuomo.

:huh: ???

ALL I WANT IS MY MILLION DOLLARS 

HELL I CAN MAKE A COMPANY GO BANKRUPT ALSO DO I GET MILLIONS ALSO IN BONUSES HELL NO SO WHY SHOULD THEY

THE GOVERNMENT OWNS 80% OF AIG WELL TAKE THE MONEY BACK FROM THEM THIEFS WE GOT PEOPEL STARVING IN THIS COUNTRY  AND PEOPLE LOSING THERE JOBS BUT THESE HUGE COMPANYS GO BANKRUPT BECAUSE OF THESE MORONS THEN THEY LEAVE FOR 6 MONTHS TO A YEAR THEN HIRE THEM BACK SO THEY CAN STEAL MORE DAMN MONEY 

I DONT CARE WHAT THEY DO JUST GIVE ME MY 20 MILLION AND ILL SHUT THE HELL UP AND MOVE

LETS SEE HOW LONG THE GOVERNMENT KEEPS ME IF I WAS IN THE TREASURY DEPT AND LOADED A 20  18 WHEELER UP WITH CASH  SEE HOW LOGN THEY WOULD KEEP ME AND ONCE THEY FIRED ME I STILL WANT MY BONUSE OF NO LESS THAN 20 BILLION DOLLARS 

NEED TO GO TAKE ME A NAP THIS SHIT JUST PISSES ME OFF I WANT MY MILLIONS AND I WANT IT NOW

John, isn't it not just the regulation of the stock market that caused the great depression...BUT the housing bubble? 

They are doing the same darn thing they did back in the 30s!!

Renee.....I'm not ticked off with you...you are still my buddy!  :huh:

Rodger? You admitted I was right about something? awwww  :huh:

no,the housing bubble didn't really happen til after WWII.

before the stock market chrash in 1929, a few well-to-do investors literally manipulated teh stock market to increase the value of stocks that they owned. This created a situation where common people were buying the same stocks on margin (no cash) The guys who manipulated the stocks then  sold at the high prices,and the bottom fell out. The poor bastards who bought on margin couldn't pay for the stocks they bought which were now worthless anyway,and the market literally colapsed. Millions of people lost everything they had. hence,the people started craeting 'runs' on banks,whic either closed or failed...and the depression started.

This is of course a simplified view but it makes the basic points. What these gentlemen were doing was LEGAL at teh time,.and is illegal now. And that's the problem now...the mortgage industry largly is unregulated. They can offer the sub-prime mortgages with huge baloon payments. When people can't make the payments,etc...you get the picture.

John, isn't it not just the regulation of the stock market that caused the great depression...BUT the housing bubble? 

They are doing the same darn thing they did back in the 30s!!

Renee.....I'm not ticked off with you...you are still my buddy!  :huh:

Rodger? You admitted I was right about something? awwww  :huh:

Jenny ,

I knew you get a kick out me admitting that  :D

I have no problem with bailing out a company if they tried to keep afloat,  But that would also mean you should have tried everything to keep afloat,  if you were trying to keep afloat, wouldn't you maybe all take a pay cut (who needs a salary like that) and not take the bonus??,,,  Maybe we all just have a conscience??  At least I do..... :thumbsup: 

twice  i cant feed my family on a messily 10 million dollars a year and with a bonus of 20 million dollar's i can not do it feed my family and pay bills i think i am worth the money

i agree they should ALL have taken a pay cut and no bonus if you took tax payers money .I don't mind helping a company out if they have done every thing possible to stay afloat but AIG  did not try every thing .  They are saying we will not get out of this mess until some time in 2015.  Look what happened back in the mid 1980;s with the stock market when it crashed alot of people lost millions of dollars and there savings .  If to tell the truth about this mess it all started with bill Clinton then finished with bush and now obama has to try and fix this mess or make it worst but from what Ive seen and read he is doing a good job at  ATLEAST trying to fix it .

I thought you get rewarded for a good job with a company to get bonuses not screw up a company and make them just about into bankruptcy.  If that's the cast i can screw up alot of company's hell I'm a screw up wheres my bonus

What happened to people with COMMON SENSE running these big businesses?  I'm sure they really don't care what us 'little people' think of them.

I remember Ken saying something like this last year " Politics & Religion .. there are better forums to discuss them "  . They are VERY violatable subjects to discuss & VERY hard to  keep friendly  IMHO :thumbsup: .

Well Ill close this topic with this,, at least im not the only one that thinks this way..

I remember Ken saying something like this last year " Politics & Religion .. there are better forums to discuss them "  . They are VERY violatable subjects to discuss & VERY hard to  keep friendly  IMHO :thumbsup: .

lol

YEA!! How about March madness? Go Huskies!! Go Zags!!

*Dusting off his tent this evening....hoping all of the poles are still with it.