CyberChuck

Free Transferite Tape Sample

Yeah, it's kind of funny, but I'm sure it gets expensive giving out free samples.

Regarding free samples, I've gotten several rolls of vinyl from 3M.  I actually just submitted a request on 3M's website today for more free samples.  I got an email confirmation from them within an hour that my samples had shipped.  3M rocks!

I just got 2-24" rolls today! I talked to the lady when she called and told her what I do, she suggested that I try a couple types to see which I prefered! Super nice and friendly and a lot of help. They are just getting slammed with requests! It took a month to get mine, but they sent enough to last 6-7 months!!!!

All i use is transferite.  Now one thing about the hightack.....dont expect to do wet apps with it.  It is extremely tacky!!!  All in all though it is a great tape, never any problems with laying flat or pinching up on me!! 

Yeah they are supposed to be sending three rolls of 24 inch. Two transfer tapes and a paint mask for me to try. We'll see when it get's here. Looks like everyone got the hand off treatment.

Don't hold your breath for that 3m samples, they sent me some nice 3 inch squares. ;D

Yep. Me too. I got 2 rolls of 54". Got to see about cutting them down to fit my 24" cutter though.

Surprise - Surprise -

I just received this email this afternoon...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your interest in TransferRite products.  In order to be sure

that we send the proper tape for your application, please tell me:

What type of vinyl are you using?

How large are the graphics?

Are the graphics printed, if so, how?

Where do you purchase your supplies?

Ok, I replied and answered her questions. About 2 hours later I got another email and she recommended their 1310 clear film product. She asked me if it was ok if she sent this instead the other product I requested. I told her it was fine with me.

Let's see what happens next  :thumbsup: I like free.

Update - received an email yesterday saying that it shipped yesterday - UPS man delivered it this afternoon. received 1 12" roll. Woo Hooo!!!

After I requested 782u I got an email asking what i did with tape. After answering their questions they sent me to another person who sent me 1-6" 582u paper tape and 1-6" 1310 clear. Cool by me. Free is free and i got 2. :thumbsup:

After I requested 782u I got an email asking what i did with tape. After answering their questions they sent me to another person who sent me 1-6" 582u paper tape and 1-6" 1310 clear. Cool by me. Free is free and i got 2. :lol:

They switched product on me too after many email hand offs and I still have no product.  I agree free is free, but they aren't going to sell any product if you ask for what you want to sample and they send you something else.  There are too many products available that we know are good.  The only way I'm going to switch is if I try something better or as good but cheaper from them.

I just received mine, too.  6"X 5 yd roll (I should say, "rolette").

I got the same size "rolette" the other day.  :angry:  Used some of it for a 3" x 8" decal, worked okay.  Free is free.

I got the same size "rolette" the other day

I think, and I may be wrong, but it might depend on what you tell them. The max size I mentioned was 24" wide. Got a 12" roll.

Wow, after not receiving mine for a while I emailed the sales person who questioned me. Mine had slipped through the cracks so they overnight shipped it to me. I just got 3 rolls of different tape, each roll was 24 inch wide. Nice score!

Clear apptape is not for wet app, paper works much better because it will absorb the fluid and soften the paper/adhesive.

Having said that, I talked on the phone with Transferite about the samples a few days after I ordered them, everything sounded great.  Haven't received anything, that was probably 6 months ago.

Squeegee harder to get the water from under the vinyl, and then spray some more fluid on the paper and let it sit for 10-15 minutes to soften the paper and it should come right off.  I hate wet app, though..

I got mine after about 3 weeks, but just in time because I have a 5 inch lettering job in a week! So that will knock down my top line!

How do you guys like this stuff? it looks solid to me

On yea I got 2 6inch by 100 feet of different tapes.

I spoke with the sales rep for my area yesterday and she wanted to know what I do and I told her and asked for some Med & High tack tape and she said she would ship me 2 of their med tack rolls and 1 high tack roll. I will update once I get it.

I got mine on Friday. 2 Rolls of 12" clear and a 12" of paper tape. I definately like some of the clear. It was lifting some vinyl I had trouble with before like it was nothing. I will probably be ordering some from them!