CyberChuck

Free 3M Sample rolls

Got a free roll in the mail today. Just did their online sample request. Sales guy called me to ask a few questions and it was simple as that.

Thanks for posting!  I just received my samples!  I got reflective and printable vinyl.  Now, is there a good way to cut down the rolls to a size I can use?  I've got a chop saw, but no clue what type of blade to use...

Thanks for posting!  I just received my samples!  I got reflective and printable vinyl.  Now, is there a good way to cut down the rolls to a size I can use?  I've got a chop saw, but no clue what type of blade to use...

just use teh finest blade you have and go for it - done a lot of them

What kind of questions do they ask?

They just confirm what you want, and what equipment you use. When you fill out the request, write down the number and material you want. They'll ask if you want "JJ801" or whatever you're ordering. I was like, "I have no idea. I'm trying this new and am not familiar with your numbers" LOL

I ordered a sample Monday just got a ups next day air package with 2- 8.5x11 sheets of what I wanted to try...WOW, that was quick

I inquired about a few wrap grade samples and they don't have those...so they sent me a free 1080 fanfold swatch book instead. Score!

I got 2 rolls from them.  ` is 48" x 5yd and the other is 50something x 5yd.  The 48" came with premask applied.

I got an error from 3M but still got an email from them. Also scored a free Avery fandeck for SW9000 wrap film and their full book of vinyl swatches and Oracal 970RA fandeck as well. Just contact their marketing departments they will just ask where to mail it to and you should have within 3-4 days. 

Not sure who you guys are contacting cause i contacted them thru the link that was provided earlier and i got a response back saying they dont do the sample rolls anymore and havent for a long time and told me to get ahold of a rep near my area and they could get me sheets of samples but not rolls.. So if im missing something during the request area , please let me know..

I filled out the form around 11:30am one day the next morning at 8:00am a local 3M sales rep called me to verify what I was looking at and said he will get the samples out within the next few days

After filling out the info and clicking send, it said form could not be sent so i gave up after multiple tries but something happened i guess cause Out of the blue i got my free 48"x5 yd roll  ,where its asks for Dealer info ,just put a name of one in there,even if its not near you.

Well it lookd like they are still sending out rolls i have a package of 11 pounds coming tomorrow