Sign in to follow this  
smee

G'day everyone!!

G'day everyone!!!

Yep you have an Aussie in your midst.

I felt I needed to consult with the great vinyl cutting oracles of the world for some badly needed help and advice. Ever been times when you just feel you have bitten off far more than you can chew... well, that's what vinyl cutting feels like to me at the moment!

My story...I am involved in a non profit organisation that gives teenagers the chance to be involved in speedway racing and have two of my own children on the track.  Our club owns 12... yes 12 speedway cars, so you can imagine the cost of keeping them in order.  Our funding is hard sort and hard won, and never seems to be enough.  The cost of restickering the cars after rebuilds, accidents, sponsorship changes etc is through the roof.

So my husband had this GRAND idea that we should buy a vinyl cutter and do the graphics for the club ourselves. Good idea... in theory!! We have purchased and set up a machine, but it's the software that I'm kinda stuck on.

Now I'm not needing the latest whizzbang stuff, but I do need to be able to do simple single layer fonts (name plates), double layer numbers and maybe two or three colour simple racing graphics.  The trickiest thing I envision having to do is be able to copy multi colour sponsor logos and cut them. Obviously cost is an issue, doing this out of the goodness of our heart is one thing, seriously denting the bank balance in the process is quite another.

The machine came with Flexistarter 8.5v2. Simple single layer fonts..too easy! Got that!  Double layer numbers...STUMPED!! Didn't take me long to confuse myself at all.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

:( :( :thumbsup:

Jules

Jules,

Welcome aboard. I don't know a great deal about Flexi. Although I plan on giving it a go this evening. But, there are a good many folks here who will help you with it. Many get onlinein the evenings, so if you'll be patient, I know you'll get the answers you need.

Once again, welcome to the forum.

Charlie

Hi Smee,

Welcome from Victoria Australia and another Aussie.

Hey everyone,

Good to meet you!! Looking forward to getting to know you and figuring out what this vinyl cutting is all about. And g'day JoeBlow!!

Things are looking up downunder!!

Smee,

YouTube has a lot of good demos that will be a great help to your learning process.  Just email me if you need names of suppliers or anything you are chasing in Oz.

Welcome from NY. You certainly came to the right forum for help. ;D

YouTube is a GREAT resource for how-to videos as is our Flexi forum.