Sign in to follow this  
stormy

Thermoflex Blue

Anyone else had trouble with the thermoflex blue not adhering very easily? I think my problem mainly occurs on the black long sleeves I've been doing lately. I do wash all my shirts before pressing and I do press them once or twice to rid moisture.

I have a problem sometimes with the pool blue.... it separates from the adhesive.  I have to usually press it twice and pull off at a different angle

I haven't had that problem, but I'd check to make sure you don't have too much heat or maybe even uneven heat or cold spots.  I have seen some vinyl stick to the clear backing and tend to pull away from the shirt.  I found that if I just cold peeled it the problem went away mostly.  I would also make sure you repress your vinyl with a teflon sheet just to be sure you have good adhesion after you have potentially pulled up the edges by removing the backing.

I also wouldn't recommend prewashing the shirts.  Getting all of the moisture out could be part of your problem, but so could the detergent or dryer sheets you are using as they maybe leaving a residue.  There can also be some issues with selling clothing after it has been washed.

Guest fivestar

I also wouldn't recommend prewashing the shirts.  Getting all of the moisture out could be part of your problem, but so could the detergent or dryer sheets you are using as they maybe leaving a residue.  There can also be some issues with selling clothing after it has been washed.

I agree, I would never pre-wash garmets before I sold them.

I agree I never prewash shirts...the one time I did, when I first started out, I had all sorts of issues.

Well, I guess I won't pre-wash them then. But it does still occur in garments that havnt been washed. I believe thats why I started washing them in the first place. Myths of starch they put on the shirts may cause trouble with adhesion. I find it odd, because it only happens with certain colors I believe. Or possibly its the shirts. I'm usually okay if I peel them cold, but still, I don't think they are adhering as they should.

I have a new roll of blue for a job that cancelled, so I have not tried it. I just did a job with yellow and now I am crossing my fingers that they stay on!

Guest fivestar

Well, I guess I won't pre-wash them then. But it does still occur in garments that havnt been washed. I believe thats why I started washing them in the first place. Myths of starch they put on the shirts may cause trouble with adhesion. I find it odd, because it only happens with certain colors I believe. Or possibly its the shirts. I'm usually okay if I peel them cold, but still, I don't think they are adhering as they should.

I'd advise you to get an infared thermometer and check to temps of your upper platen to be sure you have no cold spots.