Sign in to follow this  
sprinter#5

How can i convert an image to a format that my Laserpoint 48 can cut?

I want to pull graphic logo images from existing photographs and reproduce those images using signblazer elements. For instance...my partner has a towing company and another graphics company produced his logo and applied the vinyl to his trucks...now I want to make the same logo with my uscutter laserpoint 48 (which by the way the laser doesn't work so no contour cutting possible) I am working from a photograph that is in .jpg format & I have no idea how to convert the image to a format that will work. I am totally new at this and have only cut & applied two pieces so far but they came out fairly ok. any help will be appreciated

if the laser does not work, get a hold of ken imes., wait, well contact him, he can help you with that. as for copying someone elses logo, you will likely have to take a high res picture and import it into signblazer than use the poly line tool to trace it by hand.

bb

If your partner has the original digital graphic, then that would be your best bet.

Convert to a vector image, and clean up if necessary.

Thanks, I just am not sure how I go about converting the graphic to a vector graphic...I do not have access to the original graphics though so I am working from a photograph.

Show the picture first to see how much colors are in it.

Paco

PS.remember about copyrigths for using others designs ;-)

I would guess that if it's his partner's company, than his partner should own the rights to the graphic.

Sprinter - Check the Vectorize section of the bulleting board for assistance. I hight recommend using Inkscape (inkscape.org) to vectorize if it's a single color. It's the best freeware/open source vector program that's out there. If you need to vectorize color, then sign up for a trial of Vector Magic (vectormagic.com), it should allow you for two free graphics.

You can search YouTube and find a tutuorial and one of the forum members here posted on how to vectorize in Inkscape. It's really, really, really easy. Learn it, it will be your bread and butter to vecotorizing.

Thank You All for the advice. One thing I wonder about is this...I converted some of the .jpg images that I had into .sbd and I cannot figure out how to open them in Sign Blazer. Does anyone have suggestions?

You did save them as .sbd? Right? If you saved the individual graphic as an EPS, you'll need to import, not open.

Charlie

I don't know what the problem is...I just cannot open anything on my hard drive in sign blazer unless I created it in sign blazer from the get go. I am getting very frustrated. Help?:huh:?

I right clicked on a .jpg file and selected convert file to .sbd. It saved a copy with the cute little SB logo and lists the file as a .sbd file but I'll be a Monkey's Uncle If I can open it in Sign Blazer.

The SBE icon would be assigned automatically to any file with the extension .sbd. You could make a text file and save it as text.sbd and it would get the same icon.

What program did you use to convert the jpg files to sbd files?

Charlie

John,

I tried to figure out why they wouldn't open, but I couldn't figure it out. I uploaded all of the jpg files and sbd files you sent me to the following address: http://axishosting.net/john/  .

Hopefully, someone here with more knowledge than me can figure it out. At least we got the images where people can see them. I will leave them on my server for a few days (unless you get a resolution sooner).

Charlie

::)Ok, i figured out how to access my pics & whatnot from my hard drive in SBE but...when I opened a basic file that's B&W sketch and sized it & tried to cut it...I got a message that the picture contains a bitmap image and the bitmap portion wouldn't be cut...the bitmap image is the only psrt I wanted to cut..What now?

:huh:

Sprinter, the image will have to be vectorized prior to being able to cut it. You will have to convert it to monochrome and then vectorize it. In SBE, look in the image menu.

Charlie

I'd like to know how to access the files as well. When I try to import it only shows the sbf files i have created. If i want to import a file that contains both a picture and text, how would I do that?

I tried to just copy it to the clipboard but then when I tried to paste it, the program doesn't respond.

Thanks for any help

Jane