Sign in to follow this  
lmasse8326

WHY DOES THE CUTTER SHUT OFF???

I have been practing with my cutter, until now it has worked. Now the cutting blade is moving all the way

to the left and is hitting the red shut off button and freezes up and won't cut at all. The blade doesn't move anymore. I'm ready to give up on this...any help?

Guest sciondrgn

Make sure you vinyl when you set your origin on the vinyl make sure your starting on the right most corner and not the left and make sure your vinyl size matches in your software to what you actually have.

My vinyl size matches the software.  I don't understand setting the origin. When I send the piece I want to cut

the words go to the bottom of the cutter.  I can't seem to put anything in the middle.  I'm trying to get it away

from the bottom edge so it doesn't hit the red button. 

It's very difficult to explain in writing.

This is so frustrating. Thanks so much!!!

Turn the cutter on. Press the Online button to take it offline. Use the left and right arrows to move the blade to a good starting point. Then press the button in the center of the arrows. That should "zero" it out to the current location. Then you press the online button again and Voila - you're good to go.

Charlie

Charlie,

Thank you so much!!!  There isn't very much information on the software or the printer, this forum has been so helpful. So much appreciated!

I'm just learning how to use it as well. This forum has been a Godsend for me. Like you said, there isn't much in the way of a user's manual. But, I have yet to have a problem that I couldn't find help for here. I'm just trying to help out where I can.

Charlie