Sign in to follow this  
TCT

Cutter and Computer not talking to each other.

HI. I'm a newbie here and bought a PCUT. I have a vista laptop that I was planning on using with my cutter. The problem is I have installed the software and signblazer but the computer will not communicate with the cutter. Not sure what to try. The Com port said 10 but there is no 10 in the list of choices in signblazer.  :thumbsup:

go into you device manager right click on the com port click properties then theres a tab that should say port settings click it then click advanced and reasign it to a different port

Yea, Vista drives me crazy! I will try that. I have an older desktop with XP that I replaced my laptop with and I might hook it all back up tomorrow and try it as I am at wits end tonight. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try.

Ok. I changed the port to com1, tried com 2 and get an error message in signblazer...can not open the output device, error initializing cutter?:thumbsup: Any ideas.

Ok, here is what I did and it is working now so far. I hooked it up to an older desktop I had that was running XP. The weird thing is that I had to plug both the usb and the serial cable in? Not sure why but it cut. It's amazing what a good night's rest can do. Thanks to everyone that helped!! :thumbsup:;D

TCT,

It can't be cutting on both cables. Odds are, one of them happens to be on the port that is set up in the software and the second one doesn't need to be used. I would suggest that if you have a choice, go with the serial cable. Just a personal preference, but IMO it works more reliably.

Charlie