I was just at Home depot and found an overhead quartz heater (1500W) clearanced for 15.00.  do you think that will be work for a flash dryer?  Or at least to dry it enough to finish with the heat press??

heater.jpg

that looks like a great idea. the only question is how concentrated is the heat footprint at the distance required for good flash curing?

bb

Not sure yet - the actual heating area is about 8.5x14 - I figured with the quarts elements it would be more even that with a standard element???

Just guesses at this point

I had read that if the heat is too concentrated to focus it on a heavy alluminum cookie wheet to even the spread of heat

for fifteen bucks, worst case you can use it to keep yourself warm since you are in Michigan

I will give it a try as soon as I get my press - I ordered from slickpress about 45 min away from here.  I got the plastisol today and the spray adhesive - got 1 screen so I am ready to try it

It should work as a flash ..... I have flash on my press, but I was thinking of building a conveyer using a similar quartz as my heat source....it should make enough heat.

Turned it on for just a minute tonight - I am sure it has enough heat!  just need to work out distance and time!!!

Thanks so much, Cutme!

I want to try screenprinting later this year...and this link will be helpful.

Thanks so much, Cutme!

I want to try screenprinting later this year...and this link will be helpful.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the link to union - will read more when I am not so tired - but I think I am on the right track.  I did get the press home tonight but not assembled yet

That will work for a flash, but due to the size, you may have to move it around to fully cover the print, depending on the size.

Got the press together just need to feel better so I can try it out!  very solid built!

P1012147.jpg

Go to Walmart and buy a heat gun...Thats what I have used for 15 years to flash small left front chest prints on tees.  Word of caution...50/50 will burn quickly...stick with 100% cotton tees...

If your serious about printing, I'd recommend getting a decent flash unit at the very least to cure your shirts.  If you look around a bit, you'll be able to find one relatively cheaply.  Our first conveyor dryer was something I picked up from a guy who had just rented out a garage and just wanted the darn thing outta his way.  Was a $3000 dryer and I got it for $100.  Just keep your eyes and ears open.