ff-extreme

Another t-shirt pricing question

I have the calculators for shirts but it is for transfers. How do you determine the cost for screen printing? the only known number I have is for the shirt. Does X3 ( i thnik i read that on here somewhere) the shirt price cover the prep work and ink cost?

don't know how to answer ur question but i have a local contract screen printer and if i want them to make them transfers it's 1.00 more than reg screen print charges

They wont be transfers. They will be screen printed and I will be making up the screens.

I have a customer that wants 20 shirts, shirts are between 2.25 and 3.45 each depending on size.

they want a heart piece on the front and the words Island Dragway Emergency service on the back. see images below

what do you charge per shirt? I know in vinyl you charge by the square inch but i don't know how to figure out the price for screen printing.

post-1960-1298653378851_thumb.jpg

post-1960-12986533789406_thumb.jpg

post-1960-12986533800144_thumb.jpg

post-1960-12986533800799_thumb.jpg

They wont be transfers. They will be screen printed and I will be making up the screens.

I have a customer that wants 20 shirts, shirts are between 2.25 and 3.45 each depending on size.

they want a heart piece on the front and the words Island Dragway Emergency service on the back. see images below

what do you charge per shirt? I know in vinyl you charge by the square inch but i don't know how to figure out the price for screen printing.

oh no buddy, lol i don't do screen printing, but i do know for a heart print would be around 13.00 14.00 bucks for those screen printed. now that's from my pricing list.

Guest fivestar

I would do them in vinyl and charge $13.00-$15.00 each for that quanity.

Might give plastisol transfers a try so you don't have to farm it out.  If you use a place like Ace or First Edition, you can get them ganged and it would only cost you about $1.50 per shirt for both transfers on the first 20 shirts and you'd have enough extra to print up at least 25 more shirts with the left over transfers.  This is how I do these a lot when people insist on plastisol.  They almost always order additional shirts later anyway and you can easily offer them plastisol shirts in low quantities after the initial order. 

If you need any help working out the setup and costs, pm me and I'll be glad to get you going.

I'd approach it this way.

20 pcs.

2 hits (1 front, 1 back).

Assuming you get the shirts for about 2.50 each.

charge them $10 each for the shirts

$25 for each screen (1 time charge don't apply it to reorders of the same design)

If you have good art, maybe waive the artwork set up fee. (not the screen charge, you need to recoupe that investment)

tell them if they order 50 pcs, you'll drop the price to 8.00 each.

All of this is assuming that your just getting started in screen printing and haven't figured out all of your costs for the year so you can accurately figure out all of the variables involved in your production over time. 

Pricing screen printing can be a pretty indepth subject.  You ultimately need to make sure your making a decent return on your time, work, and all expenses and materials involved.

Hope this helps

jheyne

That wasn't a rant, that is a well written and informative book..

Dave