Sign in to follow this  
Mr Peabody

Is anyone familiar with this machine?

I saw one of these posted on Craigslist for $3000 - Anyone have any information or experience with one of these? The link takes you to the manufacturer's web page. I'm just a little more than curious. $3000 is out of my reach.

Here's the ad they posted

This Design To Garment Kiosk II T-shirt printer was purchased brand new. So this is a great deal. It has only been used 3 times. We are a legit screen printing shop and really have no use for this peice of equipment. This purchase comes with everything shown in the pictures below: DTG printing machine, computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, instruction manuals, rip software, and desk if needed.

http://www.dtgamerica.com/west/west_kiosk.shtml

Thanks

Peabody

post-2017-12986533751039_thumb.jpg

post-2017-12986533753978_thumb.jpg

I've seen them at the ISS shows, they are a good machine however you'd have to do your homework. If memory serves me correct, the older modeals can only do white Ts. While the newer models can now do Black or darker color Ts. They clog very easily and the ink is expensive. Personally I have not had the demand although it must be out there somewhere??

Direct to garment printing, no heat press/ printer necessary- does it all in one unit. Sweet machines....

Guest fivestar

Yes they are sweet machines, but like tory I have not had a demand for that type of work, but I have an online friend that has a Brother DTG and he loves his.

I would research more about these at the TSF before buying one.  Here is a 9-page thread about this exact machine.  http://www.t-shirtforums.com/dtg-brand/t6744.html

These machines have come a long way in a few short years, and some of the first ones were obsolete almost as soon as they were released.  $3000 is very cheap for a DTG, I wouldnt expect much from it, which is probably why they are selling it.

On top of that, they take special blanks, which sometimes have to be pretreated before printing.  It's a sweet idea, but it's still miles behind inkjet transfer technology.

$3,000 is nothing for a DTG machine. I have a shop that does my white DTG orders and theirs is a Brother brand and is around $20,000

Direct to garment printing, no heat press/ printer necessary- does it all in one unit. Sweet machines....

all the ones i have seen still had to go on the heatpress to be finished.

stu

I would never pay that much for an inkjet printer....Truly thats all they are...

Beware of the older models...I have seen the quality of the prints...Its not good...Forget about getting a quality print on a dark shirt...