Sign in to follow this  
MarwanB

Cuts deeper in the center

My PCUT cuts deeper in the center of the project vs. the edges.  i.e. "sssssssssssssss"  the three middle ss are cut better then the outside ones.  If I apply more pressure, the center of the vinyl will shred.  Does that make sense?  I cannot get my PCUT to cut evenly across the vinyl, why?  Any help would be appriciated.  :huh:

Marwan

I'm almost certain that there is a high spot in the cutting strip where it cuts deeper. Lay a staright edge across the cutting strip and see. If this is the case,it might just be that all you need to do is push it down.Hopefully,it will stay down.

Thank you BannerJhon,

I checked with straight edge ruler.  The cutting strip is straight flat.  Do you have other advises?

Marwan

that is the only reason I can think of for it to cut deeper in just one area.Remember,the high spot doesn't need to be vey much,less than the thickness of a piece of paper.My main cutter does teh same thing if I cut too far to the right edge,and it is a high spot. I'll get around to fixing it eventually.

If you can't figure it out,you can always change the cutting origin to the left side,see if that helps.In other words,load and cut the vinyl from left to right,not right to left.

MarwanB, what is your pressure setting?  My guess is that you have the blade holder adjusted incorrectly.  Just the very tip of the blade should be sticking out - enough to cut through only the material and not the backing.

I inspected the blade holder carefully, there is no way to adjust the depth of the blade on this type of holder.  It is basically drop-in type and screw-on the cover.  There is no adjustment knobs or screws.  Can someone elaborate on this?

By turning the black end of the blade holder, you can adjust the blade depth.

When, er....if I ever get the time, I am going to update the manuals to make them easier to understand and help with the initial setup. We also plan to have videos in the future.

:)