alhjc6

Banner Opinions Needed

Here is a banner I am doing.  I didn't pick the colors.  They are company colors (orange and green).  I threw the black in because I couldn't stand it.

Anyway...I need your opinions/ideas/compliments/criticism (any and all!).

Thanks!

Patty

hunsche.jpg

no maam, that banner needs reworking. it's a hot mess!

u need to take that slanted off, if ur gonna use three colors, try backing that orange with black or green, to make it stand out now i'm just being honest, because when i ask for opinions on a design, that's what i want.... stay tuned.

nona

see, that's what I need is a womans eye for style! I just went straight for the uneven and didn't think much more about it. But you are definately right! :thumbsup:

Anyone else having trouble attaching files today? I wanted to post a file that I just played around with...

Anyway, I put a green outline around the orange type, moved the top line to the bottom, "put in proud sponsor of the" above it and then the rest above that. I took the slant out completely.

Do you have an email address I can send it to you if you want to take a look.

yes,others are having problems posting images. The image in this post is just a URL link.

wow bayshore, i was working on it for them also. u had almost exactly what i was just scribbling on paper to design up. lol i hope u can get it posted up.

nona

see, that's what I need is a womans eye for style! I just went straight for the uneven and didn't think much more about it. But you are definately right! :thumbsup:

hehe, printstar, i knew u where a man, when u commented on that. lmao! normally i try to restrain from being so blunt, but hey that's how i learn a lot of stuff here. i know u didn't know any better, lmao!

everything is all good! ;D ;D

I think it's a good start, but agree, that I would NOT have those words slanted, it's distracting to the eye.

I agree with putting a green or black backing color, to have the name stand out.

now banner queen, ooh, how gentle is art thou. lol, yes it is a good start for a beginner, but we are gonna make her look pro around here, so just put on the crown and jewels and point out the changes. lmao!

I like that,Bayshore..except for one tiny thing. If the banner is for the fishing Tournament, that should still be at the top. After all,that is what they are promoting.And it should be the most prominant thing on there.

If the banner is just one among many sponsors, then it is perfect.

I was going to say. Is this a banner for a concrete company that sponsors a fishing tournament? or for a fishing tournament that is sponsored by a concrete company?

WOW!!!  I am so excited!!!!  I actually have a thread that has more than a few responses.  You guys rock!!!!  I appreciate the bluntness (Nona...you are da bomb!).  Bayshore...thanks so much!  All the rest, thanks!

I think that my client is just one of many sponsors for this tournament.  I don't know for sure, though.  I guess I will have to ask him.

Keep those cards and letters coming, folks!

This forum has great minds!!!  Could you post the eps of the pump truck please!!

Ok Thanks a lot.  I have a pump company I do work for that may be interested in doing something with it.

i agree with banner on the event name. i actually would make it larger than the company name. one more thing, it wouldn't hurt to go a darker green on that base color, i would go as dark as possible, u know may like a blackish green. and ur welcome. i learned a lot here, they made me step up my game, and so i'm passing it on. good luck and keep us up to date on changes so when u delivered the finish product they will think u have been doing it for years. lol

He has to get back to me.  I need to contact him to make sure it is a go.  He is a friend so I don't want to push him too much.  But, I don't want to wait for the last minute, either.

I pretty much did as you all suggested.  I moved 'Proud Sponsor' and 'Gabe Alberici Memorial Fishing Tournament' to the bottom.  He wanted 'Illinois' on one side of the truck and 'Missouri' on the other.

He asked if he could peel the 'Proud Sponsor' and '...Fishing Tournament' off the bottom.  I told him he could but the banner would look crappy.  Maybe I should try to sell him another one without that stuff on it.  They do a lot of community stuff so it would get lots of great exposure!

Thanks for asking!