Sign in to follow this  
mr2le

Pcut 630 CUTTING PROBLEMS

Been cutting sandblast resist with pcut630 for about 5 years. It has worked well until a few months ago. It cuts but cuts sloppy. I have taken machine apart, cleaned and inspected. Nothing appears to be loose. The gears , belts all seems to be good. Checked all allen screws also. Can the mother board develop a glich or become bugged . I have always had the idea a computer chip works or doesnt work, no in between. I cut 25 mil material with a 60 degree blade and replace blades often. Arcs and circles are loosing their smoothness. Letters are becoming distorted,ie, a circle in a circle lacks  a parallel thickness. I know cutting this material gives it more of a work out than vinyl so have cut a design then put plotter pen in and plotting has the same issues.  Was just wondering if anyone else has had these issues or has any suggestions. Thanks

I am currently working on a PCut 36" that was acting similar- inconsistant, or bad cuts. Everything checked out as far as connections, and tight screws, etc., and by replacing the motherboard, I think I got her back to normal opperating.

Ken, Thanks for your help and a suggestion you gave via email a few days ago. I fixed the problem. I just purchased the exact model from you and received it today. I took ends off both machines and started comparing . You suggested in a previous email to check set screws in the 2 rollers. I checked right side roller while holding drive pulley and there was no play. I did not check rollers against each other. The left roller was not secured to right roller. Tightened all small allen set screws and also tighten very loose drive belt on roller pulley. It now cuts as well as the new one. We were always going to purchase another machine for back up and all is well now. I am amazed it has cut almost 5 years of sandblast mask. The new one installed right out of the box to a laptop, vista, usb. Installing to our main computer with xp seemed to need the serial port cable tho. I have battled with older 630 trying to run off laptop vista. Parallel to serial adapter/usb just hits a wall. I might call sometime for some info to get that working. Just wanted to say thanks. It has been a pleasure to purchase off ebay and then be able to communicate with seller. RT

Thanks for this post!!!!!!  I had been having a similar problem with my PCut.  I thought I had checked everything.  Then thought maybe the stepper motor had finally wore out.  Turns out it was the set screws!!!  Both loose.  Sometimes the machine would cut fine.....other times disaster!  I even bought a new machine.  Now, thanks to this post, I've fixed the old PCut, and have an extra machine to keep up with production.

Thanks for this post!!!!!!  I had been having a similar problem with my PCut.  I thought I had checked everything.  Then thought maybe the stepper motor had finally wore out.  Turns out it was the set screws!!!  Both loose.  Sometimes the machine would cut fine.....other times disaster!  I even bought a new machine.  Now, thanks to this post, I've fixed the old PCut, and have an extra machine to keep up with production.

:( :(