Saiyt!

Window Vinyl Inside or Outside???

If you are applying window vinyl, are you better off installing it on the inside or the outside? and why?

I know if you apply on inside you have to cut mirror image.

Thanks in advance!

On auto windows I have always done on the outside. I haven't been doing this for long though. There are a few reasons, If the window is tinted at all it would be hard to see from inside and most are now days. Another reason is if you are using any specialty vinyls with cool designs like diamond plated etc you wouldn't be able to see the desing outside if I am correct it is only on one side? If you are doing ones for your windshield and put it on the inside it would have to be pretty small to go above the rearview mirror. I am sure more experienced people will be coming on and answering you though!

Christi

On auto windows I have always done on the outside. I haven't been doing this for long though. There are a few reasons, If the window is tinted at all it would be hard to see from inside and most are now days. Another reason is if you are using any specialty vinyls with cool designs like diamond plated etc you wouldn't be able to see the desing outside if I am correct it is only on one side? If you are doing ones for your windshield and put it on the inside it would have to be pretty small to go above the rearview mirror. I am sure more experienced people will be coming on and answering you though!

Christi

When you did names on windows did you mirror or just cut them and what size?Thanks

When doing storefronts, most people on here have said to apply to the outside although will last longer if applied to the inside. If applied to the inside you will see air bubbles on the outside of the window.

When doing storefronts, most people on here have said to apply to the outside although will last longer if applied to the inside. If applied to the inside you will see air bubbles on the outside of the window.

I mean on auto windows..

sdgirl pretty much covered it on autos.The decal isn't going to show well if placed inside tinted windows. As for your question, if placed on the outside of the vehicle it would read from left to right and no it would not be mirrored. The size would depend on what your customer wants.

sdgirl pretty much covered it on autos.The decal isn't going to show well if placed inside tinted windows. As for your question, if placed on the outside of the vehicle it would read from left to right and no it would not be mirrored. The size would depend on what your customer wants.

:D

Tory is correct with the auto on the windshield that you do not mirror it and also the size depends on the customer. On the windshield of trucks I have done 4inches and for more of the car or suv's it would be around 3 i would say or the windshield wipers would hit it and slowly tear it.

Thanks,

Chrisit.

Went to my first show last year and the Oracal rep said the vinyl is uv resistant but the adhesive is not - So she recommending not puting the vinyl on the inside of any window as the adhesive will degrade

Just my 2 Cents

To take this one step further, I have done back and side windows no problem. Now I am looking at doing the top of a windshield. Being that the windshield is curved and a graduated angle on the sides, I am thinking of taking butcher paper to make a template. I'm pretty sure the dimensions are available, but I have not been able to locate them. Is there a particular site that offers car window templates?

Interesting comment on the vinyl adhesive and UV resistance.

We've got some Oracal 651 on the inside of the rear side windows in my car that's been there for a couple of years now. No adhesion problems and the car is never garaged so it bakes in the sun every day. Rules specify color, height, and font, but don't say wither it has to be inside or outside, so I put it on the inside so I could still use an ice scraper to clear the window without ruining the vinyl.

5341078762_280353524b_b.jpg