Sign in to follow this  
Angelair

Where do I start?

I received my plotter yesterday and spent about 5 hours trying to set it up. For some reason I'm having the tuffest time setting up my COMM. The directions show a USB serial port, but I don't see one in my device manager under ports. I have followed the directions to disable COMM1, but now I'm totally lost. Can anyone help? I wanted to add that I'm using a Pcut and I'm running XP.

If the cutter came with a mini-cd, you need to use it to install the usb/serial port emulator driver.Once you do,in your signblazer setup,unedr com ports,there should be one that says 'blazercom2' or blazercom 3,etc. One of those should work.

I keep receiving a message that says it cannot open the output device. Error initializing.

that error means that there is no communication going to the cutter.

I've tried every USB port on my tower. I still get the same result. In the device manager, under ports, it doesn't mention anything about USB. Everything I have read says that it should have some mention in the port section.

Might need to install the driver correctly, it is possible that the driver installed as another device, like a smart card or something else. You can call me for assistance 866-789-2919