Sign in to follow this  
webweave

First Post! New cutter working

Hi All,

Just got my new MH1351 working and made a few test cuts.

My experiences so far...

At first I tried to use a brand new HP Pavilion dv-8000 running "SignCut" but had a day of USB driver hell and never got the plotter working.

Second attempt was to grab my four year old Macintosh PowerBook. As soon as I loaded "SignCut" off the supplied CD I was cutting, no drivers no updates and no usual windows problems. It just worked. I'll will have to go back and get the PC working as the Mac has to go back to my desk, hopefully I'll find an answer to my driver problem here on the forum.

I did a lot of test plots using the supplied pen holder, this is great fun and I can see myself finding uses for holding pens on paper. I also do some CAD work and a large plot could be useful for visualizing parts.

Is there a way to increase the smoothness of the arcs of the cuts? When I 'm cutting small letters there seems to be a little too much of a ragged/stepped edge. It is fine for larger characters.

See you soon,

Brian

Sorry about the connection problem on the PC, it is a little confusing. If you need help setting it up just email me or call us during business hours. You shouldn't be getting wavy or ragged edges if the vinyl is good quality and the blade depth and speed are set correctly. You might want to try a different font or try another program to see if you get the same results. You can also send me an example picture and/or an example file that you are cutting so I can test it out here.