Z

What would you do for $20?

Hey Jenny ( 867-5309 ) ,

Cause I'm amazing :D  :) ... What ... I'm not amazing usually or in other threads  B)  ;D . I don't get after anybody until they are rude . Nobody has quite been rude in this thread IHO .

RIAR

Hey RIAAR!!  B)

Oh I know you are really a sweetheart, but can go 'wild' if you need to.

You made some great points as did some others!!  :D

Hey RIAAR!!  ;D

Oh I know you are really a sweetheart, but can go 'wild' if you need to.

You made some great points as did some others!!  :D

LOL , You hit the A key 1 time too many !  You been talking to my wife B)  :)

lol.....oh Rodger, I didn't hit the A one to many times!! Cause RIAAR, is the correct way to type it...hmm...isn't it?  :D

this is all I'm gonna say on the subject:

return and regular customers are the backbone of any business. Only an idiot would risk losing a customer because the job doesn't meet an arbitrary minimum. Many,many times, I've seen a $5 job turn into thousands.

35 years in business taught me that.

return and regular customers are the backbone of any business. Only an idiot would risk losing a customer because the job doesn't meet an arbitrary minimum. Many,many times, I've seen a $5 job turn into thousands.

isnt that common sense i think the whole topic is a stupid question wtf 20 bucks i think it should be "what wouldn't you do for 20 bucks"

isnt that common sense i think the whole topic is a stupid question wtf 20 bucks i think it should be "what wouldn't you do for 20 bucks"

lol exactly! :DB);D

and since you brought it up...I wouldn't eat liver for $20,or many times that.

awwe cmon john....liver is yummy!

lol exactly! :DB);D

and since you brought it up...I wouldn't eat liver for $20,or many times that.

i think the whole topic is a stupid question wtf 20 bucks i think it should be "what wouldn't you do for 20 bucks"

Joe,

Sorry if I cramped your style by my "stupid question". Certainly wasn't my intention. To be as plain as I possibly can, my intention was simply to learn what you and so many others already know. Best way I knew to do that, after having looked at many other posts and not really finding what I was after, was to ask. I've read many of your posts and seems like you normally have good things to say and I have learned from several of your posts :D. At any rate, I am here to learn what I don't know so I don't think I was being "stupid" by asking. Just the same, thanks for your input B) and  :thumbsup:thanks ;D to everyone who has posted something useful. I have gained a few useful 'nuggets' from this post and do in fact appreciate those of you who chose to post something useful. :)

Z

nope Im sorry for sounding so harsh there is no stupid question please excuse my dumbness in posting that reply.

Z ,

I understood the question & your intention . " You can't please everybody , so you might as well please yourself " ( Rick Nelson )  B) .  It is a valid question & all it takes is a simple answer . My list of what I would do for $20 is alot smaller than what I would not do for $20 ... especially when we all know it was being asked in connection with making cut vinyl . Anybody can start any thread they want . If a thread does not interest me or I think it or the member is " sub-par " , I take BannerJohn's advice & don't respond . That meets the forum rules also  ;D .

I am guilty of tangenting off topic also . Don't stop asking or posting anything you want within forum rules just because other members take it further , disaprove etc . Take all posts with a grain of salt :D .

Hey Joe apologized!

I have done license plates for under $20.00!  :D

I used to eat liver because it was ' good for you " . Now I find out unless a person is iron lacking , it can be harmfull . I do order it sometimes if brown gravy & onions are available . I have to pay to eat it :D  ;D  My wife would not eat liver if you paid her $100 ... ( there is ALOT of things my wife won't do for $100  B) )

I would do a simple decal for anybody for $5 ( name etc under 6" ) . Many times i just give them away as a promotion or favor . I know  ( as John has already said ) that type of thing comes back & gets repaid multi-times . I believe in making customers happy in any type business even if it takes some free work , cheap work etc . A happy customer tells several people . A unhappy ( or overcharged customers who gets unhappy ) tells everybody . The cost of advertising is more than giving something away free or dirt cheap & not as effective . Word of mouth advertising is really what gets small business's jobs .

I used to eat liver because it was ' good for you " . Now I find out unless a person is iron lacking , it can be harmfull . I do order it sometimes if brown gravy & onions are available . I have to pay to eat it :D  ;D  My wife would not eat liver if you paid her $100 ... ( there is ALOT of things my wife won't do for $100  B) )

I would do a simple decal for anybody for $5 ( name etc under 6" ) . Many times i just give them away as a promotion or favor . I know  ( as John has already said ) that type of thing comes back & gets repaid multi-times . I believe in making customers happy in any type business even if it takes some free work , cheap work etc . A happy customer tells several people . A unhappy ( or overcharged customers who gets unhappy ) tells everybody . The cost of advertising is more than giving something away free or dirt cheap & not as effective . Word of mouth advertising is really what gets small business's jobs .

when I am doing larger stuff for people I will always throw in some smaller stuff in the empty places in the vinyl just to give away. If I am cutting blue I will ad some small UK logos in and give them to the guys at work. It has gotten me several small jobs.(some under 20 bucks) It was vinyl that was going to be weeded and thrown away anyhow so you might as well make some good use of it.

Today i did another window lettering job. A9 Pantone Magenta 36"x4" letters. Sign craft recommends $35 so i did $35 + $5 install and i even got a $5 tip  :thumbsup:

nope Im sorry for sounding so harsh there is no stupid question please excuse my dumbness in posting that reply.

Joe,

You did no harm what-so-ever and I wasn't asking for nor expecting an apology. I asked only because I have almost NO clue as to where to put my pricing ( like many others here I've noticed . . . "Welcome to the club, Self!"  ;D ). But so you know, and I think most everybody else will agree, it takes a big person to admit to a mistake.  :thumbsup:;D Thanks for offering yours.

Z

I'd do A LOT for $20...

;D lol

To be honest, i started out doing small jobs for $5-20 and now i have a flat rate minimum of $25.

John!,

I am tending toward your way of thinking. As my initial post may have implied, if taken in that light, I think my minimum will be $20.00. Knowing where my pricing "start point" is should make it a little bit easier  :thumbsup: to price various jobs. Thanks for your input, Sir!

Z

I'd do A LOT for $20...

;D lol

To be honest, i started out doing small jobs for $5-20 and now i have a flat rate minimum of $25.

John!,

I am tending toward your way of thinking. As my initial post may have implied, if taken in that light, I think my minimum will be $20.00. Knowing where my pricing "start point" is should make it a little bit easier  ;D to price various jobs. Thanks for your input, Sir!

Z

Hey not a problem at all. I may be moving my minimum down to $22 after doing more research on pricing methods  :thumbsup: