Sign in to follow this  
neron15210

Looking for good heat transfer paper

What kind of transfer paper  for light  T shirts would you suggest ?

What is best place to buy it?

I have another question since you mentioned Laser Paper. Is it as important for the paper to be for lights or darks when Laser Printing? I just ordered a small box from imprintables but it didn't say one way or the other. It does for Inkjet paper but not laser.

Thanks

Kevin

Ink from inkjet printers is transparent so if you apply to a dark shirt it doesn't show. You need the white backing for the ink to show. Laser is not transparent. I have done a lot of inkjet transfers, I agree with CBS 1963 about JetPro Sofstretch, it is good. I have also done laser transfers, but have not found a paper that I really like. I must admit my laser is only for letter size while my inkjet prints 13" X 19" which means I can gang print, so I haven't made a huge effort to find great laser transfer paper. I am just learning how to do heat vinyl on shirts. I have moved in this direction because I am just not happy with inkjet results on darks. Good luck and http://www.t-shirtforums.com/ has tons of info, you just have to wade through all the off topics.