Sign in to follow this  
stormy

Wet + Clear = ?

Can you wet apply with the clear AT-60. Never done it, seems like you could, but just curious if anyone does wet application with the clear tape.

I've never had any luck with clear and wet applications. The application fluid doesn't have anywhere to go,it seems like.

Clear application tape doesn't work with wet apps. Because the clear completely seals, there is no where for the "water"  to go, also the paper app tape absorbs much of the water making your life much easier.

Guest missy

I guess I am slow but are you saying with paper application tape you can use wet?  If so that will be alot easier.  Thanks

clear tape seems to get all gooy when wet.  I only used it when I had multiple colors to install.  Most of the time I would just barely mist some water on the area where the vinyl was going.  I eventually got to where I didnt hardly ever use a wet application.  Most people like the clear tape and I am one of them, it is just more expensive to use and the only real benefit it had was to be able to see thru it for multi color installations.

The other advantage to the clear is you are able to reuse the same piece if you need to when doing multiple colors. I re used the clear for a 7 color parrot and then masked for sale it is clear.