Sign in to follow this  
mrkaine

I need Signcut Help

Greetings Gang,

I have installed Signcut on my computer.  The problem I am having is how the letters are being cut out, it may be a simple problem but it is a problem I am dealing with.  What happens, is when I go to cut out what I want to cut out, I click the preview button and the preview shows the top portion of the design cut off and the lower portion is there, then the top portion is placed on the side of the bottom portion.  So first the cutter cuts the lower portion and then to upper portion.  I need to have it so it doesn't split the design and cut it out as a whole.  Another issue I am having, which again may be a simple issue, is that I do not know how to make the cutter cut across the vinly as opposed to cutting down the vinyl.  It goes down the roll of vinyl instead of going across.  Can anyone help? 

I DO NOT USE SIGN CUT ...BUT ON SIGN GO ..TO SWITCH opps. horz. and vert. it would be under the lay out tab ....does sign cut have a layout tab after you press cut button ,,,,

Hi MrKaine,

You report two problems but both of them are symptom's from the same cause.

This has to do with that the plotter reference system does not accord to that setting in SignCut-X2.

You will find that setting in the plotter dialog, it is simply named "Rotate". The setting should either be zero or 90.

Above the working area in SC you have the Control Panel which is splitted up of a number of smaller panels, the image panel, the measurement panel, the tiling panel and the plotter panel.

Always set the vinyl width in the plotter panel. To confirm a setting, press ENTER or TAB.

If you use to have a standard width for the vinyl, then make to a habit to press the "Create Tiles" button instead.

It is recommended to do that as soon as you have opened a new image.

If the image is split up as you describes, that should be seen on the screen because there should be blue dashed lines that illustrates eventual tiles.

Tiles could be implemented automatically as you have experienced but you can also insert them manually or adjust those that were automatically created.

To learn more about this, open your personal web-account on http://www.sc-x2.com by clicking "Customer login".

Under the menu Manuals you will find a tutorial.

There is also a built in help. To get it press F1.

Good luck!

After writing this I took a look at the SignForums.com where Kimon had answered the same topic. But a fact is that his explanation was another and most likely he is right. What has to be done is simply to rotate the image in SignCut-X2. There is a main-tool for rotation. It is situated at the left side of the working area. As it is clicked a number of sub-tools appears below. One of those is for rotating 90 degrees per click. However that is done quicker by just toggling the TAB-key without the need to choose the main tool for rotation.

By the way, Kimon illustrated the rotation tools with the help of a video he made, that was brilliant. Take a look you too!

Hi MrKaine,

You report two problems but both of them are symptom's from the same cause.

This has to do with that the plotter reference system does not accord to that setting in SignCut-X2.

You will find that setting in the plotter dialog, it is simply named "Rotate". The setting should either be zero or 90.

Above the working area in SC you have the Control Panel which is splitted up of a number of smaller panels, the image panel, the measurement panel, the tiling panel and the plotter panel.

Always set the vinyl width in the plotter panel. To confirm a setting, press ENTER or TAB.

If you use to have a standard width for the vinyl, then make to a habit to press the "Create Tiles" button instead.

It is recommended to do that as soon as you have opened a new image.

If the image is split up as you describes, that should be seen on the screen because there should be blue dashed lines that illustrates eventual tiles.

Tiles could be implemented automatically as you have experienced but you can also insert them manually or adjust those that were automatically created.

To learn more about this, open your personal web-account on http://www.sc-x2.com by clicking "Customer login".

Under the menu Manuals you will find a tutorial.

There is also a built in help. To get it press F1.

Good luck!

much obliged, will try this.  thanks.

I DO NOT USE SIGN CUT ...BUT ON SIGN GO ..TO SWITCH opps. horz. and vert. it would be under the lay out tab ....does sign cut have a layout tab after you press cut button ,,,,

hey, did u ever do the presentation on using vinyl for screen printing.

ANY TIME YOU WANA MOVE THE ROLL YOU HAVE TOSET UP THE KNIFE  ON THE LAST POINT YOU MOVED IT TO IF NOT IT WILL CUT ON THE FIRST SPOT THAT WAS ON IT

KEEP TRYING MY FRIEND