Sign in to follow this  
Etreme Crash

Craft Robo can't find registration marks, HELP!

I'm new to this so it might be a dumb question. I've been trying to contour cut a page of stickers with my new Craft Robo. I print the image out on my Epson C120, then load it in the cutter. I have the paper size as letter. I go through the menu to cut but when I set auto registration it says cannot find registration marks. I followed the on screen prompts and position the blade in the green area that they show but it still wont find them. I put the blade close to the corner of the registration mark the press cut. I get a message that it may not follow contour but cut anyway. It cuts about 3/8 to a 1/2 inch to the left and about 1/8 in low. I'm currently frustrated and need some help. Thanks.

Sometimes it has taken me 7-8 time adjusting where the optical eye starts reading before it picks up the reg. marks on the print.

Also, from what I have heard, there is a way to adjust the sensitivity of the optical eye- seen a post about it, and it should be covered in the manual.

Be sure your marks are far enough from the edges of the paper.  While I do find I have to reposition and restart sometimes, when I'm first setting up the design, if I adjust the marks further in from the edge of the paper it often corrects the problem for about 99% of the time.

Renegade.... you are my hero!!!  I also was having trouble getting the registration marks recognized.  I moved them in from the edges and it works like a champ.  THANK YOU!!!!

Yep, I just got the same answer yesterday from GraphTec....

Sure wish they would put something about that in the software, or documentation.

I think it says something like half an inch, but that is really cutting it a little close.  That is one of the reasons I go ahead and use 11"x17" JPSS.  Then I have plenty of room to put the marks in about 3/4 of an inch and leaving about an inch on the back end of the paper is important too.  I can also get two or three graphics on one sheet of 11x17 with reg marks, but can only get one at best on an 8.5"x11"

I encounter this issue most often when I'm in a hurry and the project feeds into the device skewed. Watch the bottom edge or registration marks as they are oriented to the rollers, this generally effects reading the third mark. The second most common cause for me is neglecting to observe the guide mark causing the project to be too far left or right, this generally results in not reading the second registraion mark.

My Epson 88+ printer also causes issues when the page does not feed true thru the printer.

Before I left USCutter, I had created a document about this issue and how to resolvee it. Should be posted on their support site.