NYR99JF

CUTTER IS CUTTING IMAGE OR TEXT TWICE

Hey all--I am new to the vinyl cutting scene and I have the PCUT CT630. I noticed for some reason on some images that it keeps cutting it twice(recuts over the same cuts) this is causing it to cut through the paper and making a mess. I have been using vector magic to vectorize the images-it seems like those are the images its cutting twice. I am using the sign blazer software the cutter came with. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks

yea, vectormagic makes more than one layer for some reason. i am just learning vm. in signblazer, you can just select and delete the extra image. if you delete something you did not want to delete, just undo until you get back what you want. what i do is select and drag an item. if that item is duplicated there will still be a copy in its original position. if not i just undo my last operation. hope this helps

bb

Thanks for the help, that didnt work though-i tried deleting but it deleted the whole image, then I tried selecting and dragging but that didnt work either--from vector magic are you downloading the eps file or another file? You can go right from vector magic to sign balzer right?

VM usually gives you an additional out line and on every separate piece of the design has it. Try clicking right on the outside line of one section and deleting, if everything disappears undo and try clicking again. So if you traced the HELP in VM you need to click on the H then the E  etc...

Thanks for the help, that didnt work though-i tried deleting but it deleted the whole image, then I tried selecting and dragging but that didnt work either--from vector magic are you downloading the eps file or another file? You can go right from vector magic to sign balzer right?

post your file so we can look at it. did you try splitting the object first?

bb

I am attaching the image I got back from VM--its in EPS format. I am trying to edit it in signblazer the way you guys are saying but for some reason it wont let me. If you can try cuting it on your cutter and see if it does the same for you-it retraces the image twice. Maybe I am doing something wrong here I dont know lol

FDNY_MIA3.eps

FDNY_MIA3.eps

I am very unfamiliar with sign blazer--I really dont know how to split the objects--do you do that in sign blazer?

Ok cool I see that--now how did u do that and in what program? LOL I actually tried using inkscape and it seemes to work better but i would still like to know how u do that-thanks.

Also-With programs like inkscape, vectormagic and sign blazer is there really a need to get adobe illustrator?

I am familiar with photoshop, but not with illustrator

Thanks for all your help-its greatly appreciated--everyone claims signlazer is an easy software to work with as far as editing, but I still cant figure it out-guess it takes practice, maybe if there was a book on it it would make it easier.

Ok cool I see that--now how did u do that and in what program? LOL I actually tried using inkscape and it seemes to work better but i would still like to know how u do that-thanks.

Also-With programs like inkscape, vectormagic and sign blazer is there really a need to get adobe illustrator?

I am familiar with photoshop, but not with illustrator

Thanks for all your help-its greatly appreciated--everyone claims signlazer is an easy software to work with as far as editing, but I still cant figure it out-guess it takes practice, maybe if there was a book on it it would make it easier.

i tried to clean up your eps, but it was too messy with anomalous nodes. post up your original image so i have a crack at it myself.

bb

Thanks--I am will try cutting it and see how it goes--thanks for the quick response--its appreciated.

Nice one cutme  :thumbsup:

thanks. helping people with their graphics issues is a great way to learn how to do things like vectoring images. plus i get the satisfaction that i helped someone out. it's a good feeling.

bb