cegglestn

transfer tape not sticking to wax backing??

Im having a major problem with the transfer tape not sticking to the wax backing on the vinyl.  Im using a 14" roll of Conform 4075-rla and a 4" roll of layflat.  Both brands of transfer tape are doing the same thing, not sticking :huh:  It holds the vinyl well but will not stick to the wax and the corners of the transfer tape peel up.  Is the tape old or any other suggestions??

thanks

The conform is all that I use... And yes, Its not supposed to stick really well to the backing sheet, however, it should lay on there with some tack...

It is possible that You have a bad roll of application tape...

Also, when my roll tends to get to the end, i notice the tack isnt as good as when the roll is full... The only thing that I can think of is the tension on the roll after it has been rolled up.

Make sure the application tape you are using is of high tack, this seems to work the best.

Also, you could try the clear AT-60 application tape, this I never have problems sticking.

Also, you could try rounding the corners, this seems to make the vinyl stick a bit better.

yes clear app. tape works very well like the man spoke of in the other reply and it also allows you to see through the tape to see your graphics..........thats what i use but the down fall is it sucks in direct sunlight tring to install a graphics say like on a back window