Sign in to follow this  
alhjc6

Corel X4 Academic Version

So, does anyone know how Corel Draw X4 academic version differs from the full-fledged version?  I work in IT at an institute of higher education, so I am pretty sure that I qualify.

Thanks in advance!

Patty

If all you ever do is draw and print to a regular printer, it's ok. If you think you'll ever need someones plug-in to work with it NO!Neither the academic nor the OEM versions comes with the visual basic run time tools for corel draw.

OEM should be marked on the packaging. Be carefull of any software not in origonal packaging.

I just upgraded to x4 and it looks original to me, was sealed and all. Didn't say anything about OEM on the pkg. Had a serial number which I registered w Corel so I assume it is fine. I just wondered because I read elsewhere that x4 had more than 1 disc but that is all I had w mine?? 

One way to find out is to go to www.graphtec.com and download the cuttingmaster plugin for corel and then use corel to open anything (graphic or text ) and then click on the little " ROCKET" icon and see if the cut/plot option will open the cutting master plugin. You can uninstall the cuttingmaster after the test if you don't need it .

usually the teachers edition (which I buy) has everything except the books and graphics disk...

Compare the boxes or the spec sheet at CorelDraw.com

Kris

Thanks guys n girls....was just curious since it was so cheap but seems to be a full version as stated

The academic version is 100% the same accept you don't get email or phone support!

"The academic version is 100% the same accept you don't get email or phone support!"

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY FALSE INFORMATION!  You should be ashamed of yourself for stating such a falsehood as fact. The academic version (as well as the OEM version) DOES NOT have the visual basic run time tools  needed to use most of the plugins  like cutting cutting master for the Graphtec plotter. This I know first hand as I have the academic version and still had to buuy the retail version.