Sign in to follow this  
DeonCarpenter

Cuts on left good but not on right, won't cut wider than 19", goes crazy

I am a newbie and I just received my Copam 2500 today any advice with will be greatly appreciated.

1. Copam cuts perfect on the right but not at all on the far left.

If I set it to cut on the left it will destroy the vinyl on the right.

I have checked the cutting strip and it is firmly in place.

I see other people are having the same problem and no one has given and answer that has worked with my machine.

2.  I can not get it to cut wider than 19 inches. I am using SignBlazer. My vinyl is 24 inches wide and I thought the Copam would cut 23.2 inches.

3. I try to cut the example in SignBlazer and it starts out ok and then it goes nuts cutting a long diagonal line in my vinyl until I turn off the Copam.

Thanks

I realized that the pinch rollers are like margins, told you I was new.

I used a block of wood and placed it on the cut strip and tapped it lightly with a hammer on the high end and it helped a little. I will try it again when I get time.  It is just too even of a fade from one end to the other for it to be the cutting strip. I think I just compensated for a misalignment by mashing the cutting strip flat.

The crazy cutting must be associated with the

Why spend the money on a new machine? Just get a printer port card to put in your laptop.

I cant speak for the copam because I don't have one but I am running USB on my refine and it has been working fine for a long time now.

Thanks bayshorecreations. I found Parallel Conversion Card on "feePay" for $25 delivered. I use a wireless cell Internet card now to process credit cards and my laptop has only one slot. I will give it a try and see if it will allow a quick swap of cards and still function.

Anyone know where I can buy large, 4x8 or larger, corrugated plastic sheets in the southeast?

Thanks