Sign in to follow this  
twistedgraphix

help! vinyl keeps bunching up and rollers leaving marks on vinyl

i have a mh 1351 i have it running throuh a usb .i adjusted the screws all the way lose still leave roller marks on the vinyl and it keeps bunching up the vinyl. what is going wrong here is there a special way to set this up? where do the rollers go on the vinyl when cutting

thanks!!

My cutter leaves roller marks too but they go away after a short time yours should too. Was your vinyl bunching up before you adjusted the rollers? If not tighten them back up where they were.  If this doesn't help post again somebody will surely help.

The pulling up of the edge is usually the blade being too far out. Adjust it in a bit.

THis can also happen when there are layers to a graphic that you don't see...the blade keeps cutting over and over,til the vinyl just pulls up.

Adjusting pressure is fine but the main thing is getting the blade depth right. I use mostly the same type of vinyl,but when using something different,I always do a test cut first to see if I need to adjust the blade depth.

On very small text or intricate tiny graphics,a 60 degree blade is best,though I have cut text as small as 1/8 inch with a 45 degree blade with no problems.

One small thing to look for. I have seen a blade get gummed up with cheap vinyl..a bit if wd-40 will soon sort it out.ON the blade.

Marks are still on the lady's scraps because the vinyl is still on the backing.....

Marks will go away, so why say never? You only applied the vinyl today.....

Software just needed to be configured to the correct port for your cutter to work, so nothing wrong with the software- just needed to set it up right, and I was happy to help with that.

Yes, many of these Chinese import vinyl cutters have cosmetic dings on them, because they are cheap Chinese electronics. You paid $400 for a vinyl cutter, not $2000. If the end results are the same with the cuts, then the money you saved on the initial price point should make you feel good about the purchase, and ignore a few little scratches on the surface of the cutter. They do not affect the way it cuts, so........really, what is the big deal?

If you were missing the extra pack of blades you purchased, I would be happy to ship you some more. Not sure what happened there, but if you say you didn't get them- I will ship you some.

Good luck with the chargeback- it will not go through, we have everything documented, and you just wasted time.....time you could have spent being positive and productive, instead of exactly the opposite.

Wish I could make things right for you, but I would need you to be resonable at least.....

Ken

I have roller marks on maybe 1 in 10 vinyls...so it seems to be more the vinyl than the machine...and yes,they DO go away once the vinyl is applied..in 3 years I've never had one that didn't.

Considering the poor Englsih in your post,maybe you just didn't understand the instructions when you set the software up. This isn't a $30 plug-and-play printer.It takes a little work.

Maybe your first post should have been to ask for some help or advice..not just to complain and run down US Cutter.

Hmmm....no patience I see!  I can understand some frustration when the cutter isn't working correctly, but can also be human error.  If you've searched the forums, then you should have realized that there are many here that are more then willing to help you out.  No need for rude comments.

If this is how you are reacting to this, it will be difficult to keep customers!

The only time I get roller marks, is on the end of the vinyl, which I throw away anyways!  Plus I get very little drifting at all.

For the record I've only had to change the blade once in the 14 months I've owned it....and I run it weekly.

hello every one. i am very sad which this machine 1. the program that i got was all messed up and didnt work for 2 days untill a tech got back to me and fixed the program so it didnt work right form the box. number 2 well the roller leaves bad marks on the vinyl and sucks and they never go away. i been in this business with bigger machine and colored one and never had roller marks but this machine and the company's tech said to just go to the forms and or im not squeegee right or correly which is false. i see alot of people havoing this problem and one lady said that she has scraps in a bin and the marks are still there...so please people dont say they go away by them self. also the machine i got was all damaged abnd marks up the company's tech said o thats form china when they test them thats how we get them. what a joke. i didnt buy some referb item i got a new item and it looks like it was in ww2 what a joke any other problems? also missing my extra set of cutters and they refuse to send them to me. yeah 12 bucks but yeah im out my cutters. these blade dont last that long at all i can see i had my other machines blades in for months and million cuts and havnt been replaced yet. whata  joke this place is. had to do a charge back on my cc as i get no help and they just tell me to read the forms and you all will help i read all forms with roller marks and no help there. every one does everythinbg and these machine still leaves mark. when i called in to check about this before i bought it the tech says heck no they dont leave marks but when i did a cut there was the marks. these guys lie lie lie they buy these form china for 150 bucks and sell them to us for 699 i found out. yeah what a joke. let me know hpideals@aol.com

Hmmm HPIDEALS ,

Let's take your post & complaints in order .

#1 ) If the program wasn't working right out of the box & the Tech either told you how to set it up correctly or remotely ( took control of your computer via a website ) set it up for you , It was not the program, it was the operator's ( you ) lack of computer knowledge that was at fault ;D

#2 )  ( you run on about complaints & don't number them after this ) The marks go away when applied according to MANY on this forum.. I have a Co-Pam & the pinch rollers are only at the edges which doesn't get used , so what does it matter if any marks is on the part that gets thrown away ? . IF you are using a ( 3rd ) pinch roller in the middle of the vinyl :) I would stop using that roller & just use the pinch rollers at each end ... 

#2a ) your post comments on bigger units & colored units that you have used previously ... Sounds like somebody bought a Chevrolet & expects Cadillac quality . Did the units you are talking about cost $400 ?

#2b ) If your cutter was damaged that bad , I would have it replaced . I call BULLCRAP on the cutter looking like it went thru World War 2  , I'm sure some cutters get roughed up a bit with all the shipping , but if the box it was deleivered in was not busted up , nothing more than a scratch I bet !!! I got 2 Co-Pams & the boxes were roughed up , but NOTHING was damaged until I scratched them up unpacking them .

#2c ) If you didn't get the extra blades , ask & you would get them . I bought 12 sets of blades on e-bay from USCutter & got 11 , I sent a message when I won some more sets of blades & USCutter said to let them know how many I didn't recieve & they would ship them again . I did not have the heart & left it alone . So I know from personal experience that USCutter & everybody there goes WAY ABOVE the normal obligations of business . oh .. yes the blades last a VERY long time if set according to directions . Using Oracal 651 , I used the same blade for over 1 year .

#2d ) USCutter might need to refund your Credit card ... I think there is an age limit to sell stuff to ( minimum 18 ;D ) judging by your typing  , lack of manners , lack of patience & your comprehension level , you must fall well below that .

I have found USCutter to be honest in all things & know they don't lie about anything . If you have read the posts , you then know they admit the strengths & weakness's of what they sell .

Hmmm , looks like another member on my " Rude , Impatient " list  .. It is NEVER too late to learn manners & act like an adult .