carson21

shadows

I need help with a shadow on the number 75. The shadow only needs to be on the right side of the numbers .I can email you pic if you can help thanks

when you have your # in the workspace , select it , click shadow  , right click , choose  " perspect " ( other option is " block " ) . Then click & drag the point to the spot where you want the shadow to go towards . Click select again & walla , I like the look when the shadow is towards the center of the design .

:)

I need help with a shadow on the number 75. The shadow only needs to be on the right side of the numbers .I can email you pic if you can help thanks

This does work i just tried it...Select you're image/text

manipulate

shadows

you can right click for shadow options

then select

that will show the shadow

make your registration marks in a third color

then cut 

on the cut screen the colors will be seperated

select the different colors by holding ctrl key & click on colors you want to cut

alright i got what you were saying and it worked but it still isnt exactly what i need. I need a shadow but i need the shadows like separated from the number i dont know how to do so. I can email you the pic of exactlly what i need so you can see what it is i need. Just message me your email and i can see it for you.

I think you make a outline around the number then create your shadow, than delete your outline. Should work....

I tried deleting the outline & couldnt seem to get it to work

I can however get it to work using the "white space" feature under the arrange tab  in the demo hotshot

I too would like to know how to do it in elements

Create the outline, then the shadow outline. Do a merge + Punch Through with the outline and shadow. Delete the outline.

72.EPS

post-1657-12986533158862_thumb.jpg

Create your text

Select the text

Manipulate + Expand/Outline

Check the Outline and the Keep Original buttons

Set your outline distance as desired keep offset at 0.00

Click OK

Your Outline is black, select it

Select Manipulate + Shadows

Right click in the work area

Select either Block or Perspective depending on the shadow affect desired

Select the color to make your shadow

Click OK

Drag the shadow red outlines to achieve the desired affect

Click on Select to create your shadow

Select both the outline and the shadow (right click in the color bar at the bottom and select the two colors of these items in pop up box)

Select Arrange + Weld + Punch through

Select the outline element

Hit the delete key

Jay,  Thanks for taking the time to write this in detail.  When you have to start using a new program after already knowing how to use alot of other ones like the back of my hand, it can be very frustrating.  I for one appreciate all the help you guys give us.

Barbara

Hey Jay ,

Thanks also for the info  :o . I knew how to do basic shawdows , but never have tried to do what you explained .  :o

Hey Jay ,

Thanks also for the info  :o . I knew how to do basic shawdows , but never have tried to do what you explained .  ;D

Me either :angel:

Hey Jay ,

Thanks also for the info  :o . I knew how to do basic shawdows , but never have tried to do what you explained .  ;D

Me either ;D

Hey Jay, Thanx for the info but I have a question, well actually a few...lol

1. What the heck does "punch through do and why do you do it?

2. I created an ems logo for the local rescue squad, once I got everything in place I clicked on something that made it all one piece ( weld maybe?)( group?) In other words the text became part of the ems logo. I then noticed the letters were not exactly right, so I needed to separate it all again but for the life of me I couldnt get it to do anything! It remained all one piece :o

I just ended up leaving it alone and creating another.

Thanx for any info!

Renee

Hi Renee ,

" split " gives you the option of taking things out of a design . After that gets done , " combine " makes it 1 again . ' Combine " also lets you put designs , names , etc inside another design . The other stuff I don't know  ( YET  :o )

Combine:

If you have a square and text or another shape on top of the square and do a combine the text will be cut out of the square and you will only have 1 element.

Punch Through:

Works like combine but you will still have the original element on top. (If combining text it will convert the text to curves)

Split Elements:

Takes the elements that have been combined and breaks them into seperate elements (If it involves text, each letter or peice of will be a seperate element and not editable in the text function)