46 members have voted

1. 1. What brand do you prefer?

• Multi Cut
    • Thermo Flex
    • Spectra Eco
    • Siser Easy Weed
    • Other

Guest fivestar

I've never had "tenting" either. Are you saying it happens while cutting? Could the blade be dull, out too far, or speed too fast?

Five, I know I have experienced shrinkage with thermo too but at a GGG seminar recently was told there is no shrinkage. You have also exp this? Was kinda surprised, he said you could actually place theroflex and press each layer for the full amt of time and not have a shrinkage problem. I think I'll keep doing it as I have in the past.

He's crazy if he says there's no shrinkage, especially pressing the full time.  I've pressed miles of heatpress vinyl and every one has shrunk some.  I use thermoflex when I need a small amount of one color as I can get it by the yrd from my local distributor and it shrinks just as much as any other I've used.

Guest sciondrgn

I think im going to stick with the spectra.. Lots of color choices and its worked well and the price is about the same as the easyweed

Guest fivestar

That's it......I've got a few minutes of spare time.....I'm going to try it right now.  :) :) :)

Guest fivestar

WOW it didn't really shrink at all.  hhhhhmmmm.....they must of changed something because it used to shrink pretty bad.  I pressed the first one for 15 seconds too.

That's it......I've got a few minutes of spare time.....I'm going to try it right now.  :) :) :)

You are testing his shrinkage theory? I know a while back I did hockey jerseys w 3 layers. There seemed to be shrinkage to me. So I pressed the first 2 w a shorter time and then full for the last layer. They turned out great. This was a guy that has worked/cut for Stahls for years. I even questioned him on it and he reiterated his statement again. Like I said, from exp I'll jus continue doin it my way. I also wondered about making the vinyl brittle if you heated ea layer extra time. He says no it won't hurt it?:)? I have my doubts

Hmmm that is interesting. Maybe they did change something?? Now he did say that won't work w all materials but thermo flex in general

Guest fivestar

Yeah I pressed Thermoflex Plus Black and Orange onto a 50-50 shirt and there's basically no shrinkage.

I don't understand what "tenting" is.  I use multicut and have no problems at all with it.

when the cutter is cutting and the material feeds from the back to the front, the material buckles up a little. the blade is very sharp. i am cutting around the material manufacturers recommended setting (which is what it takes to get it to cut it is so rubbery). it is not as bad when it cuts at an angle, and doesent dit at all when the cutter head is moving right and left.

bb

Guest fivestar

Hotmark 70 seems to work pretty well for me.

hotmark!  :):D

Oh Shiela I knew you was going to comment on that.  :);D ;D I was leaving it for you.

Guest fivestar

I don't understand what "tenting" is.  I use multicut and have no problems at all with it.

when the cutter is cutting and the material feeds from the back to the front, the material buckles up a little. the blade is very sharp. i am cutting around the material manufacturers recommended setting (which is what it takes to get it to cut it is so rubbery). it is not as bad when it cuts at an angle, and doesent dit at all when the cutter head is moving right and left.

bb

hhhmmmmm.....I've never had a bit of troubles with that.

David... what was the name of that crappy stuff I send you went I first got my heat press?

Guest fivestar

David... what was the name of that crappy stuff I send you went I first got my heat press?

Hotmark

Hotmark Hotmark Hotmark!!!!!!!  :)  Sorry tried Thermoflex twice.  First time it didn't fuse evenly, had to redo 60 out of 100 shirts!!!!  Second time shame on me  :)  Similar problem but caught it after the first five shirts.  Never had a problem with Hotmark 70.  Weeds nice and easy fuses right to the shirt. :)

Hotmark Hotmark Hotmark!!!!!!!  :)  Sorry tried Thermoflex twice.  First time it didn't fuse evenly, had to redo 60 out of 100 shirts!!!!  Second time shame on me  :D  Similar problem but caught it after the first five shirts.  Never had a problem with Hotmark 70.  Weeds nice and easy fuses right to the shirt. ;D

lmao! that's because it has so much rubber and glue. i hate that S--t! i have used them all, and hot mark is the worst.  something is wrong right here. lmao!

Guest fivestar

Hotmark Hotmark Hotmark!!!!!!!  :)  Sorry tried Thermoflex twice.  First time it didn't fuse evenly, had to redo 60 out of 100 shirts!!!!  Second time shame on me  :D  Similar problem but caught it after the first five shirts.  Never had a problem with Hotmark 70.  Weeds nice and easy fuses right to the shirt. ;D

You had better get your press checked then.

not enough pressure?

bb

Guest fivestar

not enough pressure?

bb

Not enough pressure or platen is not heating properly or moisture in the shirts.

Guest fivestar

Pretty much any heatpress vinyl with sticky backing will cut detailed stuff fine.  Slow your speed down when you're cutting it.

David or Shelia... I have 3 yards of green and 1 yard of red Hotmark if ya'll are interested in buying it, lol.

Guest fivestar

Tim give me $100.00 and I'll take it off your hands.  :) :) ;D

If you've got to cut something with tiny detail, what is your vinyl of choice?

In my experience, Siser Easyweed because of the very sticky backing.  I have had problems cutting really fine detail with Thermoflex Plus.  Thermoflex Plus is very nice, though, don't get me wrong.  :o