cegglestn

adding fonts???

Hey everyone this is my first post on here. Ive read everything i can find about how to get new fonts in to sign blazer and nothing is working at all im stuck everything people come to me for signblazer dosn't have and i cant load any new one's does anyone have any further help or should i just buy a new software.

Oh also when i scan images into sign blazer it shows up but will not cut it or font find it saying my images are bitmaps can i change that or im i stuck with that probem as well ?

Thanks everyone for you help..

Your files need to be in EPS Format before your cutter will cut them. you need to have  Adobe Illustrator or Coral DRAW or Inkscape which is  a free download off the internet. Those three programs will allow you to convert files to eps. I'm not sure if any other do that but those are the ones most people use. Or you can buy EPS files from alot of sources on the net. Or look in the graphic sharing thread......Just a few options for you... :thumbsup:

Renee

I bought and downloaded 2 sets of fonts. Installed them, went into the SBE folder and opened up the demo version for another version of signblazer( had lips for a logo) and once I used them in that program, I was able to go back into signblazer and use them.Sandy

I have been trying to download fonts into SB and may have figured out why I couldn't do it... When I first click on the SB icon on my computer to start it up, it does a Live Update.. but, mine pops up a window that says: SignBlazer Live Update: THE SERVER NAME OR ADDRESS COULD NOT BE RESOLVED!! Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it, so that I can get updates???

You need to download the fonts to your computer, not to your signware.  click start,on your computer,,control panel..open,  there is your fonts folder. look for FONTS.  this is where you install.

I did that. And I've dragged the fonts to the font folder on Windows... When I go to look for it, it's not there... but if I use the search tool and search for the font on my computer, it says it is located in the Fonts folder but I can never find it and it is never downloaded into SignBlazer... Hope that makes sense! Any suggestions??

Sometimes my added fonts in signblazer show up at the bottom of the list and not in alphabetical order.

I do not have signblazer,  I just found this in this thread,,, did you try it? 

"the fonts need to be in your windows fonts folder and when you are in sign blazer and want to choose fonts you have to make sure that TTfonts is selected otherwise the only thing that will show up is the fonts for SBE. This is what I read somewhere here on this forum.

I had SBE open, i minimized SBE and went into the directory that SBE is located and clicked on hotshot, in hotshot is where i changed for TTfonts to show up in signblazer. you can also switch back and forth between hotshots and SBE but I have read on this board that you cant do anything with HotShot, not even cut so the only use it was to me was for the fonts. Again, this is what I found on this forum somewhere...lol"

Thanks for all of the help!! I finally got it working by trying numerous different things! Yall are awesome!

I am having a similar problem I think a lot of you had or have . . .  I have a couple of fonts that I have downloaded and have them in my "fonts" folder on my hard drive, but they are not appearing in the drop down menu for fonts in Sign Blazer.  They are True Type fonts and like I said they ARE downloaded on my computer.  I have a quite a few fonts and haven't had any problems until recently.  Does anyone know if Sign Blazer has a limit on how many fonts it will show up on the menu???  I don't know if I delete fonts I don't use if maybe the new ones would come up.  I did try most of the ideas already listed, but didn't see anything.  Is Hotshots a separate program?  I haven't heard of that - I jus have Sign Blazer Elements.

Thanks for any help!!

I was having the same problem and the problem was, I was opening signblazer elements and not hotshot demo version, well I opened it and clicked the text dialog  tool  and under edit, I added the text I needed, which was algerian, I could add more, but I will just add them as I need them.

I bought and downloaded 2 sets of fonts. Installed them, went into the SBE folder and opened up the demo version for another version of signblazer( had lips for a logo) and once I used them in that program, I was able to go back into signblazer and use them.Sandy

Exactly what I had to do also .

Ive treid everything Ive read here, with no luck yet. I just tried using the demo version with the lips logo and the fonts not in there either. But it is in all my other programs, just not signblazer, it is a ttf, it is in windows fonts as well as in signblazers font folder but no go....

Did you look way down at the bottom of the list of fonts? Sometimes SignBlazer puts the new fonts down at the bottom.

Did you look way down at the bottom of the list of fonts? Sometimes SignBlazer puts the new fonts down at the bottom.

If your using windows, It's fairly easy to install fonts, windows 7 is even easier.

In XP, open programs, control panel, fonts folder, then go to the downloaded file and unzip it. Right click, copy unzipped file. Go back to fonts folder and right click paste. It's that easy.

Windows 7, just download the file, unzip, right click on unzipped file, click install font or you can use the way above. With Windows 7 home this may or may not work. Make sure you always run software like signblazer in administrator mode. Window 7 pro and ultimate both have the ability to run in compatibility mode for software, games and other programs to run properly even back to windows 98.

To run in administrator mode. Right click on desktop icon, program menu, and run as administrator.

If your already in signblazer, you'll need to save your current work and reboot the software. Once open the font should show up in alphabetical order.

I am outlining all my fonts in AI and they work that way too.

I just need a new computer.

maybe I can help. website called Dafont.com if you go there select whatever font you like and there are thousands. save the zip file to a folder on your computer. then go to that folder, extract the files to your font folder in windows. then any font you have should show up when you go to choose font.

I am beating my head against the wall with this font situation. I have purchased a font for $29 and now sb wont take it because its an open type layout and needs to be a ttl. What do i do now?Please help. Thanks

It probably would have been better to post this in a new thread.

Do you have Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape where you could use this font and convert it to curves to export it to SignBlazer?

I am running into this probelm. They are not showing up at all. My laser programsees it. Ms word sees it, adobe ill. Sees it, but sign blazer will not pick it up.....the files are true type fonts.....

You need to restart SignBlazer and sometimes they wind up at the bottom of the list.