Aaron636r

Making t-shirts...

Is there anything else needed other than heat transfer vinly and a press?  (have the cutter)  Is there any material that's needed to put on top of the vinyl during heat press?

Guest fivestar

You don't "need" a teflon sheet, but I would definitely recommend one or parchment paper, but you can also use the backing paper from sign vinyl in a pinch.

Ok great, thank you.  I'm picking up some vinyl and a press today and I don't want to me stuck with nothing to do tonight to get it all running.

Thanks again....

Ive done my reading...investigating on how its done.  Pretty solid on that.  Just making sure i have the correct materials.

Thanks guys!

Guest fivestar

Ive done my reading...investigating on how its done.  Pretty solid on that.  Just making sure i have the correct materials.

Thanks guys!

LOL no prob......Trust me, you WILL mess up.  I still do to this day.  You get in a hurry and BAM! you're like @#^$ I forgot to flip it.  :thumbsup:;D ;D

Make sure you know if your heat press is in celsius or fahrenheit!

LOL no prob......Trust me, you WILL mess up.  I still do to this day.  You get in a hurry and BAM! you're like @#^$ I forgot to flip it.  :thumbsup:;D ;D

I have a sticky note on my monitor and on the cutter that says "Mirror Cut Heat Press Material"... lol.

Sounds like something id do.  I will work on a project for hours...knowing I have everything perfect.  Than I will make one stupid mistake as not setting the orgin right on the cutter...or the blade pressure...KILLS ME!

Guest fivestar

Make sure you know if your heat press is in celsius or fahrenheit!

I have a sticky note on my monitor and on the cutter that says "Mirror Cut Heat Press Material"... lol.

Yeah but you're smarter then me.  ;D ;D ;D

Ok...Maybe I should make a t-shirt with an arrow point to be that says "IDIOT!!  I should have listened to the guys on US Cuttoer forum".

Yeah, I have to admit it.  I started to cut and what didnt I do??? FREAKIN MIRROR IMAGE THE ART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe it?  Luckily I remembered it right away so I lost no money.  But still idiot I am.

But I have my first shirt done and I must say...now im addicted.  Love how this worked!!  Turned out great.  Amazing how easy it was. 

You don't "need" a teflon sheet, but I would definitely recommend one or parchment paper, but you can also use the backing paper from sign vinyl in a pinch.

I just did my first shirt. I really like it.

I have a Teflon sheet but I left it on the bottom (rubber) and layed the shirt on top of it. It it meant for the bottom to protect the rubber? Or to lay on top of the shirt?

Guest fivestar

I just did my first shirt. I really like it.

I have a Teflon sheet but I left it on the bottom (rubber) and layed the shirt on top of it. It it meant for the bottom to protect the rubber? Or to lay on top of the shirt?

It is for the top of the shirt to help protect it.  I don't ever use one unless I am pressing more then once then after I apply the first color then I use a teflon sheet to protect it when I press the next color.

Guest fivestar

Ok...Maybe I should make a t-shirt with an arrow point to be that says "IDIOT!!  I should have listened to the guys on US Cuttoer forum".

Yeah, I have to admit it.  I started to cut and what didnt I do??? FREAKIN MIRROR IMAGE THE ART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe it?  Luckily I remembered it right away so I lost no money.  But still idiot I am.

But I have my first shirt done and I must say...now im addicted.  Love how this worked!!  Turned out great.  Amazing how easy it was. 

:thumbsup:;D ;D I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you.

:thumbsup:;D ;D I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you.

Oh My, I have done this more times than I care to count!!! I need to make myself a sign and hang it next to the cutter that says MIRROR IMAGE!!! I do alot of clothing and need the reminder as I have oldtimers!

Renee

Congratulations on your success. How do you like the feel of the vinyl transfer? What transfer vinyl did you use? I use the Siser ezweed and it feels like a high quality screen print and seems to be set to last longer in good condition than one of my NASCAR licensed shirts I bought a while back. I emphasized NASCAR licensed because I don't think they ( NASCAR) would allow cheep printers (poor quality printers) to do their shirts. Good luck and have fur.

Terry

Used FIBRON from Fellers.  It adapted itself to the shirt very well.  Looked like a screen print.

It will take some time to get used to weeding this type of vinly...but over all, loved it.  vinyl cut real well

Congratulations on your success. How do you like the feel of the vinyl transfer? What transfer vinyl did you use? I use the Siser ezweed and it feels like a high quality screen print and seems to be set to last longer in good condition than one of my NASCAR licensed shirts I bought a while back. I emphasized NASCAR licensed because I don't think they ( NASCAR) would allow cheep printers (poor quality printers) to do their shirts. Good luck and have fur.

Terry

I too use the siser ezweed, I have not tried any other kind. I'm happy with it so why mess with a good thing? LOL

Renee

Question....

Can you overlay vinyl onto vinyl...if its heat press Vinyl?  Example...lay a tribal image on a shirt than lay another image over top of that?  Does it work?

There are teflon sheets, with pockets in the corners, that go on the bottom rubber plate. You place your shirt on there and then place kraft paper or a flat teflon sheet on top of the shirt and press. The top sheet is to protect the platen/garment from stray inks.