Sign in to follow this  
OZZIEIMAC

ADVICE - FLEXI STARTER OR SIGN CUT

Hello All,

I am currently using a old version of flexi 7.5 with a Creations Kingcut Pro 630 which i got with my machine 6 months ago.It seem to be a condensed version limited functionality.I want software that allow mee to do most things ,i guess meaning basic sign cuts.

Can someone advise me if i should invest in flexi starter or invest in signcut x2 ? The version of flexi i have has not sharp angle compensation or plotter compensation to further improve close out on cuts.

This is a pain in the butt for weeding when you dont have these setting options..

Appreciate your help,

Cheers,

OZZIEIMAC

You will get different opinions on this im sure but I love Flexi! It was a big investment to make (I have Flexi Pro) but well worth it in the long run for me. It all depends on what you need the software to do and where you plan on taking your business. Think ahead!

Have you tried the FREE SignBlazer ? I suggest trying it if you have not . QUITE the bang for the buck  :thumbsup:

Have you tried the FREE SignBlazer ? I suggest trying it if you have not . QUITE the bang for the buck  ;D

:thumbsup:

I myself and one other member tested SB for US Cutter before they offered it for sale. Dollar for dollar, you get more out of SB Elements than any software I've tried, and that would be every single one available in a trial format.

I use Flexi Pro now too, and Flexi Starter combined with Inkscape or any other design program is probably all you will ever need. But I still think,even with it's limitations, anyone who (and this is important) takes the time,and makes the effort, to learn to use Signblazer,will be very happy with it.

If IMHO,If Jerry Bonham had not died,in a few years,SB would have surpassed Flexi.That was his goal. Of course, he told me that the makers of Flexi had stolen a lot of his code (from SB) and were continuing to do so. So who knows.

Wow thats interesting information. I had no idea. I have not tried sign blazer so I can't really say anything about it but now I am interested in checking it out! Thanks for the info John.

I remember those days John & I agree with you about SignBlazer passing Flexi . Mayby not in popularity since Flexi is the standard now & has been forever . But I think with Jerry's passion , demeanor , skill & knowledge , SignBlazer would have been a software with more options , tools etc at a better price than Flexi . I never talked to him, just e-mailed & posted back & forth a couple times , but he was a  IMPRESSIVE person  :thumbsup:

Thankyou all for the feedback.

I think i will give signblazer ago, at least i will try the trial version at no cost to my hip pocket. Does anyone know how long the trial version can be used for ? :thumbsup:

I think i will give signblazer ago, at least i will try the trial version at no cost to my hip pocket. Does anyone know how long the trial version can be used for ? :thumbsup:

the trial version has no time limits. You can use it as long as you wish.

the trial version has to time limits. You can use it as long as you wish.

to = no        John meant no time limits    ;D

This is a pain in the butt for weeding when you dont have these setting options..

Look for an overcut setting, and set it to about .125 if your cuts are not closing, this should help things out, in the version 8 it is in the fourth tab on the cut/plot screen.

hope this helps

D

Thanks Guys For the feedback....

So if you compare flexi starter to sign blazer , yes sign blazer is a free program but has it got everything flexi starter 8 and has or has flexi starter got more options than sign blazer and is worth spending the money...... i guess i am use to the flexi platform and i would have to go and learn a new program,nut out the cutting issues and any other user problems.I guess i am un familar with signblazer platform....

Dylan whats your feeling on flexistarter 8?  :)

It isn't a bad idea to have both . Flexi Starter sells for $99 on USCutter's e-bay auctions & SignBlazer is free . That way if 1 software went nuts , you have a back-up . You don't have to take anybodies opinion then , you can give you'r opinion/experience  :) . If you don't want to have a back-up & don't want to spend the $100... SignBlazer for FREE is in a league of it's own !

Thanks Guys For the feedback....

So if you compare flexi starter to sign blazer , yes sign blazer is a free program but has it got everything flexi starter 8 and has or has flexi starter got more options than sign blazer and is worth spending the money...... i guess i am use to the flexi platform and i would have to go and learn a new program,nut out the cutting issues and any other user problems.I guess i am un familar with signblazer platform....

Dylan whats your feeling on flexistarter 8?  :)

Ozzie,

I haven't used or seen the starter version, so I can't give an opinion of it. 

I would like to have a copy so that I could evaluate it, and possibly run it on my laptop, since it would open the files created on my main machine.

I use FlexiSign Pro.

D

Hello All,

Appreciated your feed back and have now down loaded Signblazers and i have now spent the weekend ironing out the bugs and all seems to be working well.And yes it is very user friendly and i think i will stick with it until it cannot do what i want it to do which will be a long time from now.I have a few question's which i will ask on the signblazer forum....So flexistarter has now been put on the back burner.SIGNBLAZER it is. :o

Thanks again guys for helping me reach this decision. :o

Cheers,

PJ

Hey Oz ,

That is a good choice . What are the bugs you talk about working out ? In SignBlazer :o It woks great for me . If it is giving you problems , a serial to serial connection will eliminate that . I'm thinking you might be calling your adjustment to SignBlazer , bugs :o

Ask away , but most of the answers are already in the SignBlazer section . USCutter , Administrator , Mods & forum members certainly are in a class by themselves . I have never seen the support .

;D , Rodger