cutme

my new website

it is a little elementary, and not yet finished, but it is looking good. i am learning how to use adobe dreamweaver. it rocks! you will have to copy and paste the link below.

bb

WWW.stickersnthings.com

Just some advice from someone who dabbles a little in web design.

Your backgrounds are extremely distracting.  Not sure if you were planning on leaving them like that but if you were at the very least I would fade them out.

Glad you are learning about dreamweaver though.....

x2..

And also, start using templates now, you'll think yourself later. Especially on a site with a lot of content (i.e. Webstore, etc.)  ;)

If you don't know how, just google it..  ;)

Just some advice from someone who dabbles a little in web design.

Your backgrounds are extremely distracting.  Not sure if you were planning on leaving them like that but if you were at the very least I would fade them out.

Glad you are learning about dreamweaver though.....

like i said, it is somewhat elementary. as i have time, those things will change. thanks for the input.

bb

x2..

And also, start using templates now, you'll think yourself later. Especially on a site with a lot of content (i.e. Webstore, etc.)  ;)

If you don't know how, just google it..  ;)

i just started using dreamweaver two days ago, so there is still lots to learn. just learning page creation and editing has been a huge leap forward for me. thanks.

bb

I have to agree with the background being a little distracting. Also, the no smoking sign looks terrible I would take that out. Make your email address a clickable link instead of just type that way people can just click on it and send you an email.

On the good side, good for you for starting a website! I wish you a lot of luck with it!

I like the T shirt section!

Keep working with it!

in dw make sure you are using dhtml and not just html that way you can place graphics anywhere you want them.

I have to agree with the background being a little distracting. Also, the no smoking sign looks terrible I would take that out. Make your email address a clickable link instead of just type that way people can just click on it and send you an email.

On the good side, good for you for starting a website! I wish you a lot of luck with it!

I like the T shirt section!

Keep working with it!

email is linked. i will work on the backgrounds more as i have time to learn photoshop. thanks for the input.

bb

in dw make sure you are using dhtml and not just html that way you can place graphics anywhere you want them.

thanks for the tip. i will have to learn how to do that.

bb

It's a nice start.

I wish you good luck with Dreamweaver, you'll need it.

Why would I need luck?

N&N

It's a nice start.

I wish you good luck with Dreamweaver, you'll need it.

Why would I need luck?

N&N

It's not the easiest program in the world.. :-

I like your characters...My suggestion would be to have a home page splash with one of them...Sort of a mascot or logo. Then put your links around it...Then the background might fit in better too..The home page just seems empty as is. But I know it is prelim...

nice looking site.. don't care for the green buttons... let us know when you get it done.. so you can do mine. :thumbsup:

... I wish you good luck with Dreamweaver, you'll need it.

Why would I need luck?

It's not the easiest program in the world.. :-

That's exactly what I meant.  :thumbsup:

Good luck trying to learn it all.

i have found it to be fairly easy to learn so far. check it out now that i have all the current pages mostly completed. of course it is all progressive, and i thank all of you who have given me your input. i appreciate it very much.

bb

every time i see the word dreamweaver.. that song starts playing in my head :thumbsup:

yea i have had the same problem.

bb

Your webpages are not in tables, in other words on different monitor resolutions the page looks different. I see you centered the menu.....but on my monitor which is very large, the menu is way to the right of the image, and the image only covers about half my screen.

Guest fivestar

Your webpages are not in tables, in other words on different monitor resolutions the page looks different. I see you centered the menu.....but on my monitor which is very large, the menu is way to the right of the image, and the image only covers about half my screen.

Yup same here on my 22" monitor.

IMO tables for formatting is the simple easy way to go to get things going.  CSS while much preferred is a much more difficult concept to grasp.

So if you want simple and works, go tables, if you want hard and works better and is more powerful and is easier to adjust down the road and more standards compliant, go css.

DON'T USE TABLES FOR FORMATTING!!!

/Rant off  :thumbsup:

Look at tykite.com does it look right to you all?

Use html and css, don't use formatting in the html, that should all be in the formatting.

no, to me it is too big, and i have to scroll to see the whole page. that is something i specifically do not want.

bb

Yup same here on my 22" monitor.

what do you have your screen res set at?

bb