Sign in to follow this  
MarkH

Clean Cut Corners?

Hello all,

I've been cutting some vinyl for a short period of time now. And I noticed that the corner in which the blade starts and stops too is always a hair short of a full cut. So when I weed it out, it actually makes a tear or break at that corner. I'm using a Refine Cutter with SignCutX2 PE software.  Only things I have tried really are adjusting the length of my blade sticking out and the pressure at which I cut. Any suggestions?

Question two, I noticed when i cut an "A,V, Y" any letter with a diagonal side to it, the edge kind of looks wavy. Puzzled on this one and have no clue why its doing that at all.

Thanks in advance.

This is a long shot but check carridge ( cutter head) to see if wheels are in the track. If you go back to main page, go down page to Model Specific Discussion, then click on USCutter Refine Cutting Plotter Support Requests, on 2nd page click on (Not getting clean cuts! I tried a few things already. are my wheels out of track?) by Joe Camaro. There's a picture that shows how carridge looks out of track and how to fix it. :glasses2: