Sign in to follow this  
Eastbayrk

Vectorizing Art work for free on this Forum

I have a question for all you vectorizors, hehe if that is even a word.  I Vectorize artwork with real high quality everyday at my day job. 

I noticed however that there seem to be plethra of people on here that just do this for free on this site.  Am I missign something?  Are you guys really doing these for free or are you charging for them.  to tell you the Truth I wouldn't mind spending 2 hours of my day after work to vectorize more rasters just for a few extra bucks.  Where could I do something Like that?

I was once told by a very wise man,

"Im not worried about the money...

Whats that country song? Dont let the chain of love end with you?

Well, This is just the weird al version...

Dont let the chain of vectors, end with you???"

This made sense to me, kind of what a forum is for, helping people out.. I tried paying, but people are just too friendly.  :huh:

join the community and offer your expertise..

For others on here, I won't charge for vectorizing an image. If I have to spend hrs. and hrs. on it, then I would but almost all the requests on here have been a simple open it up in adobe illustrator and click trace type of job so no, I won't charge for that. I do it for free in the hopes that if I needed help, someone would help me for free too.

I think you are missing something, these people don't mind helping others untill they learn to do it themselves. Without these generous mentors this forum would be pretty much useless. People need a place they can go for help without a $ sign standing in the way. As for selling your service have you tried ebay? :glasses2:

Welcome to our forums!

Like sticky said, if it is a simple vectorize, most people on here are glad to spend a couple of minutes and help each other out, without charging.

:huh:

if you are looking to make a few extra bucks vectorizing, try another forum or advertize, or put an ad in the yellow pages.  this forum is about the real American way. Helping our neighbors so that they can realize their potential. Random acts of Cutter Kindness Spoken Here. take care, i hope you find what you are looking for.  daniel t

I agree with every one on this forum. Being in the industry for 24 years on the fabrication and installation of electric signs, I always had someone

working for me that did the graphics and never took the time to learn. Now that I have started another company, I am just learning the graphics side of the industry and am struggling in a lot of areas. I do appreciate the help of this forum and if someone needs help in the construction or installation side of the business they can give me a call anytime at 717-571-3333. Remember, what comes around goes around and I enjoy sharing the 24 years of knowlege with anyone.

Dan Sersch