Sign in to follow this  
Johnnyboy7444

cutting pressure with 651

i got an order today of 165 small stickers (4.5"x3.8")  not to detailed but i was wondering what the best blade pressure is with oracal 651 i have played with it a little and just can't find a good pressure that is easy to weed? sorry for the dumb question but i have only had the cutter for about 2 weeks

Somrthing your just going to have to play with and see what works best for you. I have pcut and use 651. My pressure is set at 110.

I agree that you are going to have to find a good pressure yourself, what works for one may not work for another. If you do test cuts you shouldnt waste to much vinyl and also make sure your blade depth is correct, that will make a difference as well.

Renee

I do most of my cutting at 60 if I am using a 60 degree blade, and 70 if I am using the 45 degree blade.

Ahh the harmonious balance between good weedablitiy and vinyl that takes the backer with it. ;D  I like to take the blade out of the holder and cut a patch of vinyl with if on the table top.  If the blade cuts through the backer I back off blade length.  If it doesn't cut through I give it a little more length.  When satisfied I put the blade in the holder and set the pressure to 90.  Fine tune pressure from there.

well then my blade depth must be set wrong i can barley see the blade sticking out and i have it set right now cutting at 150 and it seems to be doing ok. is my blade depth set right? i found something on here that said half the thickness of a credit card works great so thats what i did

What cutter ar you using?

With our LP24 we use 120-130 pressure and the blade out about 1/2 the thickness of a credit card.

cuts 651 perfectly.

Dave

i checked the blade before i started this cut of 30 and it was clean. i just checked the first row of suts looks good and its not cutting into the backing so i think i got it figured out for the color im cutting anyway i still have 110 more to cut so well see how the other colors go