Sign in to follow this  
Bigdaddy

Yesterday it worked - Today ^&*()(* - HELP

Howdy,

Got a new PCut 630 and hooked up yesterday - it worked!

Hooked up today and nothing! Well almost nothing as the self test works fine (draws a box).

Had it hooked up serial, tried to reinstall and hook up usb. Nothing. :thumbsup:;D

Question:

1) Can the comm setup be accessed directly from within Sign Blazer?

Is there another point at which I can access the comm setup so as to reset for serial without doing another install. :-

2) Does anyone have a small cutter program that if nothing else tests the cutter/comm connection. I would hope that the PCut has sufficient smarts to be able to handle hand shaking tests.

John

You can access SignBlazers setup from inside the software, but not Windows Port setup. Have you already gone to your device manager and checked in the Ports section to make sure that your Com# didn't change? Have you done the same in the setup for SignBlazer? Are you using the Creation PCut CT630 HPGL driver in SignBlazer? If not you should switch to that one.

READ THIS...............

I got it! Came across another thread (subject: HELP). Levi from USCutter referred to CUTTERSETUP within SB. Hot Damn!

I played with the comm settings:

Was able to reselect the correct comm port and reset the correct cutter. What made things fully operational was changing the control setting from 'Use Cut Manager' to 'Direct'. Don't know why, just what worked!

Thanks to all that were intending to post some assistance.

John

I have seen SB change settings spontaniously...it happened to my own brother.

Happy you got it fixed.

You can access SignBlazers setup from inside the software, but not Windows Port setup. Have you already gone to your device manager and checked in the Ports section to make sure that your Com# didn't change? Have you done the same in the setup for SignBlazer? Are you using the Creation PCut CT630 HPGL driver in SignBlazer? If not you should switch to that one.

If I have a PCUT630... I should be using the Creation PCUT CT630 HPGL? What is the difference?

Kevin

If I have a PCUT630... I should be using the Creation PCUT CT630 HPGL? What is the difference?

Kevin

Yes, use the HPGL one- and I am not sure what the difference is, but the HPGL just works better, so....